November Meet - The Romper Inn - WA15 8XJ - 2nd November

Red Fox

Hi All,

the next monthly meet we will be at: 

The Romper Inn

WA15 8XJ

2nd November

from 7:30pm

Every one welcome always plenty of car and non car chat and plenty of laughs hope to see plenty of new and regular peeps.

here are some possible ideas for the Christmas special meet, please can people have a look and see if they fancy any of the options, any other Ideas are welcome and ill get a pole going after the November meet ill run it for a week maybe two before organizing the polls outcome. (gives me time to book whatever we decide or to try and get a deal)

Meal - locations to be discussed

Bowling and Meal - Ashton Moss is the best place probably as there is a choice of eateries, but open to ideas.

Karting (indoors) - i was looking at a either:

Daytona Manchester

Trafford Park Road, Manchester, Merseyside and Greater Manchester M17 1NF

Open Grand Prix

For individual drivers (non-exclusive event): 5-laps Practice, 3 x 7-minute heats, 12-minute final for top drivers

Minimum age: 16 | Price: £48.00 (pp)

OR

Elite Karting

Mill 3, Eckersley Mill, Wigan, Lancashire WN3 5BD

Sprint 20

10-minutes qualifying to determine your grid position then a non-stop 20-minute race. Please note that a minimum of 5 drivers are required

Minimum age: 16 | Minimum 5 people | Price: £38.50 (pp)

OR

Sprint 30

10-minutes qualifying to determine your grid position then a non-stop 30-minute race. Please note that a minimum of 5 drivers are required

Minimum age: 16 | Minimum 5 people | Price: £44.00 (pp)

and that's all I have at the moment.

any other suggestions are welcome. See you all in a weeks time :)

• Like 1

I won't be in attendance this month as I'll be en route to Brands Hatch, but the go-karting for Christmas does sound like a good idea...

Ideally we want the best bang for buck...  most driving for least hours ;)

As an alternative, there is a place called Race Centre in Halifax (about 30 minutes from Rochdale)..  Its effectively F1 simulators... I could arrange something there and as I'm a member we would get a discount...  We can also get food included. again, there are minimum drivers required...  Could we merge with West Yorkshire and have a joint Christmas meet?

If you don't want to drive there is a bar in the drivers paddock where you can laugh at watch the racing...

I won't be in attendance this month as I'll be en route to Brands Hatch, but the go-karting for Christmas does sound like a good idea...

Ideally we want the best bang for buck...  most driving for least hours ;)

As an alternative, there is a place called Race Centre in Halifax (about 30 minutes from Rochdale)..  Its effectively F1 simulators... I could arrange something there and as I'm a member we would get a discount...  We can also get food included. again, there are minimum drivers required...  Could we merge with West Yorkshire and have a joint Christmas meet?

If you don't want to drive there is a bar in the drivers paddock where you can laugh at watch the racing...

The F1 simulator sounds interesting. Could you get details of minimum numbers and prices, and as for merging with the west Yorkshire for a joint meet who organizes their meet so I can liaise with them to see about sorting something out?

Duration   5-10 drivers

1 hour      £22.50 per driver    

2 hours    £30.00 per driver

3 hours    £40.00 per driver

We'd probably go for the 2 hour session @ £30 per driver...  it may be cheaper as I'm a member but I can't confirm yet...

As for the Yorkshire meet, ChrisRS is a good place to start.