Rolling road day: Saturday 8th November, Scholar Engines, Suffolk

Mankee

Hello folks. Not sure on where the best place to put this, but I guess East of England is a good start!

My pal is putting on a rolling road day open to all on Saturday 8th November, starting at around 10am. Location is the same site as Scholar Engines (IP14 5NH) in Mendlesham, just off the A140 in Suffolk and virtually opposite the transmission mast, if you know where that is. There will be no facilities on-site on the day, but there is a deli cafe and chilli farm next door for people to compare graphs and discuss future upgrades/drown their sorrows over a cuppa.

Cost is £40 per car for several runs (to ensure consistency) and a chat, but if there is a group of Briskodians who want to book together and guarantee a place on the running list (rather than just turn up and join the queue), I'm sure he can knock a bit off that. From past experience, his rollers are consistent and NOT quote-me-happy, so you won't be getting overinflated figures. Oh and 2WD only.

Any questions just fire away.

Cheers. :)

Why not? It would be interesting to see how the VAG diesels perform compared to book figures. The last one we did for Cliosport, there were a couple of standard 1.5 dCis. It was a bloody hot day, so all the 172s and 182s underperformed (as always) and the two diesels both made significantly more than book figures. I don't think we'll be seeing >25 degree temps in the dyno room next month though.

PS. My pal does remaps as well, which are especially effective on modern diesels. ;)

• 2 weeks later...