1.6 Greenline re-mapped

ronhob

Exactly, a "positive" development :) Step in the right direction.  What differences do you notice between the two. I know you've not gone for all out daft power gains.  Does it feel more responsive?  Smoother maybe? 

Smoother power delivery, the CRDt unit gave the torque in a wallop like the old PD engines. The remap delivers the torque across the Rev range all the way through to 4500 rpm. I'll dig out the RR results for you to look at if you'd like.

• Like 1

I like your honest description of the "wallop"   It's that time delay between the box, attached sensors and the ECU before the fuel air mix is ramped up.    One last question.   You'll know what I mean when I say that 5th gear power drop off.   Every day on a steady incline on the motorway I have to drop a cog as the revs slowly but surely start to decline from 2,200.... to 1,500.   After a remap I always describe it as an invisible hand constantly pushing the car with no drop off.   Clearly 5th looks like a more usable gear from the graph.    Jealous :) 

Edited by TD5
  • Like 1

... I've never been aware of a regen in 20,000 miles of mixed driving.

I suspect that's because they're very unobtrusive and you don't notice them.

On my CR170 it occurs every 200-300 miles.

If you have VCDS, you can check how many miles/km since it last happened (if you're a saddo like me :) ).

• Like 2

I like your honest description of the "wallop"   It's that time delay between the box, attached sensors and the ECU before the fuel air mix is ramped up.    One last question.   You'll know what I mean when I say that 5th gear power drop off.   Every day on a steady incline on the motorway I have to drop a cog as the revs slowly but surely start to decline from 2,200.... to 1,500.   After a remap I always describe it as an invisible hand constantly pushing the car with no drop off.   Clearly 5th looks like a more usable gear from the graph.    Jealous :)

It does, I'm from West Yorkshire so I'm over in Ferrybridge visiting family quite regularly :)

You know long drawn out hill on the M62 as you head to Saddleworth moor from Manchester? Well, I can know accelerate up it in 5th gear ;)

• Like 1

I suspect that's because they're very unobtrusive and you don't notice them.

On my CR170 it occurs every 200-300 miles.

If you have VCDS, you can check how many miles/km since it last happened (if you're a saddo like me :) ).

Nice! VCDS sounds/looks like it's an expensive system.   I wish the Maxidot display would bring up an EGR style notification to state "regenerating"... that way, if it was, you'd continue driving to ensure it completes the cycle.  I'm a complete saddo so if anyone knows what gizmo I could purchase to inform me when it's "goin' downnnnn'   I'd appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Speaking as one who drove a Mk 1 Fabia vRS PD130 (in both standard and remapped mode) for 45,000 miles, the CR170 Yeti I've driven with a CRD-T installed certainly doesn't behave like the PD engine.

The Yeti's power/torque delivery was the same as the standard CR motor (of which I also have a fair bit of experience) but just with more power and torque. CRD-T map setting was the standard 'as received'.