Best mappers in NW?

Philc999

He certainly doesn't write the maps for Shark. That's a 100% certainty.

Another +1 for the only name in the business that I would, and have, used -- Shark Performance all the way. You won't even need to go off your drive if you get the STS box either!

Mike

didnt even mention shark in my post?? I said he has dealers everywhere but you may aswell go to him as he writes the maps for everyone else anyway. No mention of shark?

Has dealers all over place but best of going to him. He writes the maps for everyone else anyway.

No mention of any other companies???? Only dealers. Dealers who he writes the maps for?

Might just be me but surely its obvious that protune does not write maps for shark, just like they dont for any other company except protune. Like most companies do I would guess.

No war of words. You were the one who raised

Has dealers all over place but best of going to him. He writes the maps for everyone else anyway.

No mention of any other companies???? Only dealers. Dealers who he writes the maps for?

Might just be me but surely its obvious that protune does not write maps for shark, just like they dont for any other company except protune. Like most companies do I would guess.

No war of words. You were the one who raised a point that by you wrongly reading my post.

You said 'that must mean shark' what you actually meant is I assume that means shark. When in fact no other companies were mentioned other than protunes dealers.

Anyway

To the OP. if I was to buy a remap for my car, I would speak to a lot of other people/customers across a variety of forums/mediums and look at some graphs so you know what to expect. Just because some people would choose one company they have used, doesnt mean the next person would use them. I know some people who have given Shark bad reviews. Others have given amazing ones. Most of the people on here for example have used shark, but only on a select few engines. They might have mastered those engines for performancr but not others. Also may not do the same 'pre-map' checks. I dont know. I have not used them, nor do I intend to. But other people have been happy.

Probably of no use to you philc999 but it made sense to me :D

. I know some people who have given Shark bad reviews.

Really?? The only one ive ever heard off (and i did a lot of research before i let them develop my car) was from a customer who was upset that they wouldnt take his car beyond a figure they felt was safe. He subsiquently went to APR, got the figures he wanted which led to his engine suffering a total failure!

I'd challenge you to find one genuine bad review of Shark Performance, because i couldnt find any. Thats why i drive 2 hrs and trust them to do custom mapping, intercooler upgrade, full whiteline ARB install and eventual turbo upgrade on my brand new Yeti as have many Briskoda members with their cars.

Everyone else as in dealers!

To the OP Sharks obviously top of your list.

DarrelGB. Just because a bad review is not on the internet, does not mean it doesnt exist. Also it comes down to whatever the person writing the map deems safe. Would imagine some push harder than others when doing custom maps. No idea. I just give any cars that need mapping to the right dept at work. Ours are mapped completely different to a map ala shark/apr/protune etc. Basically generic but with tweaks depending on the service the vehicle is for.

Where does that say that I'm saying they are better than the others?

Ok, calm down Mike, I was reading through in a hurry on my meagre 15 minute morning break. I just read it as though you were doing the usual trait of a lot of people on here, who recommend the only tuner they have used without any experience of different tuning companies. Its often a case of, Ive gone with them, so you should follow

BTW I have had Shark (Very Good), P-Torque (Again Very Good) and Revo (Good for a Generic map)

I did not consider using anyone else for my remap.

That's a shame you were so blinkered, as there are some great tuning companies out there. Obviously that is your personal choice to only use Shark, and if your happy that's all that really matters :)

Everyone else as in dealers!

To the OP Sharks obviously top of your list.

DarrelGB. Just because a bad review is not on the internet, does not mean it doesnt exist. Also it comes down to whatever the person writing the map deems safe. Would imagine some push harder than others when doing custom maps. No idea. I just give any cars that need mapping to the right dept at work. Ours are mapped completely different to a map ala shark/apr/protune etc. Basically generic but with tweaks depending on the service the vehicle is for.

Just don't think it's fair to claim a company has bad reviews against it when you can't substantiate those claims in any way, it's potentialy damaging and bordering slander.

• 1 month later...