booked my car in for its 30k service today....

checked on skoda fixed servicing prices first (£139) ...

went in, nicely remembered by staff (Hello Mr.Turner), 2nd service is it? - well its a variable service car, but I'm doing it every 10k anyway..... - oil change then? how much? about £90 sound alright?

Bargin :)

leaving it with them all day, they will wash and hoover ect too :)

I booked mine in for it's 30K service last week (being done in 2 weeks time) Not bad for a 14 month old car! 28,960miles on the clock!  :S

Thankfully I go a 3 year/30,000 miles Free Servicing when I bought the car Last year! (3 years or 3 Services!!)

And I've just got a new Job, closer to home (half the commute) so I'm sticking the car onto Variable and getting it done when it tells me next time!! 

• Like 1

I keep mine on variable mostly to get the oil temp reading, as it goes off if they switch it to 10k services.... oil is a blit black now, so I will still change every 10k....

variable never asks me to do it before the 10k though, so it would be interesting to see when it would ask for a service, let us know how far you go! lol...

I know what they put in, its the castrol edge 5W30 ..... (which is 504) what they have in their big tank ;) they used to use syntium 5000XS which is BMW's diesel oil of choice! and my old CAVE never used to burn oil on that..... I think the castrol stuff burns a bit easier... I top up with 5W40 though......

• Like 1

According to Parks Skoda, and bearing in mind we just had an engine change at 26,619 miles with new oil, filters, plugs etc all fitted, I am to stick to the original service schedule and ignore the fact that the engine was changed. Apparently this is to maintain the terms of the warranty as car is annual service or 10,000 (9400).

I'm confused as they come now with all this, as I thought it would be pretty pointless putting the car in for a service when engine would have covered a little more than 3k since being changed.

Couple of questions I suppose. What would the good and wise punters on here do in this situation? And, what kind of price should I expect to pay at Parks Skoda for a 30k service? Is the £139 quoted above relevant to all franchised dealers? And am I correct in thinking the 30k service is one where the brake fluid requires changing?

Sorry for so many questions, as I said previously with regard to the engine, I only want to do what is best and right for the wee car.

Thanks in advance

My recommendation is to have the Service done at a VW Dealership.

They are the Same Engines, and i like the Service from VW.

You are talking around £139, but it can be less.

Ask what they are going to do.

It is Minor Service , Major Service time about on Fixed Servicing.

Pollen Filter each 2 Years.

the Brake Fluid Change is at 3 Years then each 2 years.

^^^ what he said with the brake fluid... I have changed loads before service intervals though...

my car is only 18 months old, and I have already changed later service items, in my improvement, and "track car" mentality....

air filter has been changed to pipercross element

brake fluid has been changed to ATE racing fluid

plugs have been changed under warrenty, and will be changed again in the spring (for next trackseason) with BRK7's, hotter shorter (important that) plug :) so plugs will have been changed TWICE before the recomended period....

these things are probably not due until the 40k service (with the mileage I do rather than time)

so are all good for what is recomended (i.e changed before needed) and at VAT reg garage (my tame mech ;) ) and written in the service book ect

so all I'm really doing at each 10k with skoda is the oil change......

well, had it serviced, all is good (amber missing wheel bolt cover, which I knew about, and red 90% worn front pads , which I know about, still not changing them until next spring for the advent of the track season, cant see me wearing them out in the winter!

as it happens (oil) they put in Shell Helix Iltra AG 5W-30..

I left the camera running, and got the test drive (about a mile) very funny comments and banter from the techs inside! :o I wont post on youtube, dont want to get them in trouble! pmsl.... I will comment on their facebook page that the vid is available on request, just for ****s and giggles ;)

£99.99 including pollon filter change.

all good :)

• Like 1

Yours is a CAVE so why on Fixed. & why yours shows Oil Temp.  (CTHE can show oil temp when changed over properly.)

If you want to leave it 2 years 19,000 miles between Oil & Filter changes then just use 5w 30 Fully Synthetic Long life oil.

& reset the Service Indicator when you want.

But if you are only doing 10,000 miles a year, i would stick with changing the Oil & Filter annually.

• Like 2