South coast service recommendation

Can anyone offer me their recommendation/experience of a good garage for Skoda servicing ?  In terms of price/trust/quality of workmanship.

Tips about ones to avoid are probably best by direct message to avoid legal attention !

Reason I am asking, after a bit of thinking I am going to buy my company car 3 years into its lease, so will have to start picking these places myself.  I had considered buying a Mk3 one, but can't justify spending 5 or 6 grand more...

cheers,

Nick

JKM Portsmouth as above, 100%. I've used them for years despite the fact I live about an hour away, but it's well worth it. Great people, top service, great advice and honest to deal with, with no B.S to try and scam money from you... in fact, sometimes they'll offer a cheaper alternative if they trust it's as good or better than the OEM parts.

I'd recommend JKM as well if you want independent. As a dealer I'd recommend Winchester Skoda.

Had good and bad with Sparshatts at Botley - last time, left a load of spilt oil on the engine which ended up on my garage floor. Also carried out a warranty replacement of the jumbo box and managed to leave a load of dirty feet marks in the rear and cracked the rear trim. When I showed it to the Service Supervisor he had the cheek to ask me what I expected him to do about it, I remained polite and suggested that perhaps he would like to replace it.  :swear:

• Like 1

yeah, my experience with Sparshatts at Botley has been hit n miss in the past. I usually ask for Ryan to do the work as he seems the most capable IME.

He is their Master Tech and seemed pretty good - he cleared up after one of the other Techs filled my undertray with used oil from the removed oil filter.