Losing power at 3000 rpm

Hi Guys...

I am facing this issue with my oct 1 lnk 2005... Turbo kicks in fine at 2500 rpm but car suddenly loses power at 3000 rpm.

I got the egr cleaned recently... Bosch diagnostics show MAF is fine as well... I am getting error 'egr excessive flow' Tried with a new egr solend but nothing improved... Checked all the vacuum pipes... Replaced couple but still no improvement... Any idea how to fix this... Its becoming really difficult to understand the exact issue...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I assume it is a diesel as this is exactly what happens when the turbo vanes are stuck due to running cold on many short journeys.

Do a search on here and also search for Mr Muscle oven cleaner treatment.

If it has only just started to happen then you could try aggressive engine use once the oil has got warm, as a short term fix.

Before cleaning the turbo (assuming it was done properly in the first place), check to see if the actuator moves freely when you apply a vacuum (sucking on the control pipe from the n75 should be enough to make it move).  If refuses to move, or jumps/sticky or makes a creaking noise then the vanes/control ring are still dirty, and more than likely it will be producing an overboost fault (if you cycle the ignition it will generally be fine - doesn't cause the CEL to illuminate).

I do only long (60mile) trips in mine, and sadly mine gets stuck - as most of the drive is carried out around 2000-2100rpm.  Even booting it up hills, etc isn't enough to keep mine clean for more than a month at a time before it starts to get sticky again.

I drive mine around 35miles daily. And push it upto 4000rmp in 2nd gear... Atleast once a day to ensure the vanes do not stuck... Also yesterday I noticed event after a drive of 35 miles the engine temp was around 75 to 80 degrees... Generally it touches 90 in this much time... Also I hear 'shshshsh' hissing sound if the pull down the window... I checked but there seems to be no leakage.

I used injector cleaner liquid in the diesel this time... Do you think that produces more carbon residue?

Cold engines produce more soot as the engine increases fuelling.

VW says our engines will read 90 for any temperature between 80 and 100 deg C (workshop manual).

I would suggest that your thermostat needs replacing as well as cleaning the turbo.

I got the turbo cleaned about a month ago.... And got the thermostat checked... Mechanic said its fine... But the problem is still there... i mean turbo gives boost at 2500 rpm and car suddenly loses that boost at 3000rpm...