looking for good coilies and how low?

I've got FK AK streets I'm slammed right down, some people slate them as their a budget coilover. Mine are great, i don't drive my car hard and don't do many miles tho, suppose you get what you pay for. The FKs I have go low I've got helper springs still in and I'm right down.

Me too.

I have FK Street coilovers (£190 off eBay )

Probably not the best for comfort when compared to the more expensive brands however I love them.

Mine are also fully wound down on the front ( with helper springs still in ) and I've used different drop links which came free with the order.

The drop links are needed or you risk the chance of the arb rubbing on drive shaft.

From general experience of collies everything under the £250 mark is the same product with different brand stickers on them. I've run cheap collies on many cars and have never found them horrific for day to day driving.

If your looking to spend a bit more I have read many good thinks regarding the Apex RDX's. 

Or if your looking at spending even more...Air?

Not looking on spending massive amount, max 300 but if cheaper ones seem to be doing the job then quids in. Had an issue with my old octavia in which the lowest point was the oil sump, so lowering it too far was extremely risky business . Any one had any major issues with the mk2 vrs like this??

Mine were 185 including drop links,like I say they have been ok so far, no problems, I also put new SKF top mount bearings in aswel whilst it was all in bits, defiantly worth doing. Only problem I had was getting the fronts on the car they were extremely tight on the struts.

I fitted H&R coilovers on mines, they are expensive but worth every penny. Your on a budget, so I suggest you speak to Damian @ DPM Performance. I ordered Pro Sport Coilovers from him, which I think it cost me £229. They meant to be betrer than FK Streets.