Revo Stage 2 Remap Issue Or ?

Kast29

Hi all,

had my car dyno'd last night at Dynodaze nr Leicester pulled 197bhp at 5200rpm and 235 ft/lb at 3900rpm...  

Graph shows quite alot of instability after 3200rpm

Is this an issue with the cars hardware or the map being unsuitable??

Mods:

neuspeed induction kit

DV relocation + 007 recirc

Forge FMIC

Miltech decat downpipe and piper decat back

revo stage 2 map

I was thinking maybe the MAF has started to deteriorate but the car has only cover 83k...

Any help is welcomed..

Being a copy paste map from revo it did have the mods done before the map and no the battery hasn't been off at any point.. Would a boost leak cause this big loss ???? I haven't checked that yet ??

Never heard of realigning the throttle body after disconnecting the battery before . Ive had mine of afew times and never had to do this . As for the power loss id say it will need a custom map to work with the mods . I don't like this copy n paste maps as you say . Its only good for one car in my eyes . The car it was done on . See if you can get a smoke test on her to see if youve gota boost leak or vag com to see if the ddreaded 17705 code is there

Car is showing no fault codes at all, changed the MAF last night and no difference, getting the same CFM and certain load points.

I know it sounds stupid but could it be a stage 1 map?????

Is that the figures you could expect?

How would i go about logging the data?

Is it just best taking a trip to R-Tech and letting him work his magic.?

I have stage 1 revo, 8/3 are settings. 

But when I loose map, same symptoms were there. So, maybe check settings with revo SPS. Also, U will know if there is a lot of smoke when car at max rpm

I'd still look at a custom map, specifically tuned to your car and mods. I can't see how an off the shelf map can know how your car runs and has responded to the mods you've added.

Never heard of realigning the throttle body after disconnecting the battery before . Ive had mine of afew times and never had to do this . As for the power loss id say it will need a custom map to work with the mods . I don't like this copy n paste maps as you say . Its only good for one car in my eyes . The car it was done on . See if you can get a smoke test on her to see if youve gota boost leak or vag com to see if the ddreaded 17705 code is there

Mine just felt flat after, like a normal 200 bhp and flat, back to 244 and 333lb ft after, stage 1 M2 its common on m2 maybe not for m1s

In all my past experiences of remapping vehicles i stand 100% by custom maps and have never had issues. No car is the same and should have the map designed specifically for the way it behaves. Especially when you have mods like you do. The map was designed on a standard vehicle.

Edited by gazpot0111645
  • Like 1

I have a generic Revo stage 2 map (Midlands VW) in my Octy Vrs with similar mods, pulls strong and hard all the way through the rev range, just shy of 230bhp and bucket full of torque, but drives like standard if driven normally.

I drove down to Gloucester from Telford and back Weds-Thurs with a boot full of Snap-on tool box and associated kit and still returned 38.1 to the gallon (42 on the trip).

So I would say something is amiss.