Sat Nav Is Lost :(

Annoyingly the sat nav (Amundson) is determined to repeatedly prove it's the weak point of my otherwise faultless skoda

As per the SLOW amundson thread, mine has recently taken to taking absolutely ages to do anything, like setting an address, but in operation it's been ok

Until now. Last couple of weeks, it seems to be permanently lost, the screen showing my location anywhere from a couple of streets away to the next county but almost never on the road I'm actually on. The maxidot meanwhile almost always now just says "No GPS reception".

I did a search on here and someone else solved there problem by resetting the clock after the change to GMT, thinking about it I haven't really used the sat nav since then so that could have been when it stopped working. However, the clock is telling the correct time and all the time settings seem ok. I tried holding down the off button in the hope it would reset, and I tried 'restoring factory settings' but predictably all that did was annoyingly lose all my other light settings and stuff.

Grateful for any ideas before I face the depressing thought of trying to find some time to take it to a dealers somewhere?

You probably have already done this but I'll suggest anyway.... Have you pressed the little car icon on the right of the sat nav touch screen when the map is showing... It shows a little car with arrows around it.... I.e. Pinpoint your location. Mine does it sometimes and ends up at the Emblen Docks! Pressing that icon brings it back to your location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Annoyingly the sat nav (Amundson) is determined to repeatedly prove it's the weak point of my otherwise faultless skoda

As per the SLOW amundson thread, mine has recently taken to taking absolutely ages to do anything, like setting an address, but in operation it's been ok

Until now. Last couple of weeks, it seems to be permanently lost, the screen showing my location anywhere from a couple of streets away to the next county but almost never on the road I'm actually on. The maxidot meanwhile almost always now just says "No GPS reception".

I did a search on here and someone else solved there problem by resetting the clock after the change to GMT, thinking about it I haven't really used the sat nav since then so that could have been when it stopped working. However, the clock is telling the correct time and all the time settings seem ok. I tried holding down the off button in the hope it would reset, and I tried 'restoring factory settings' but predictably all that did was annoyingly lose all my other light settings and stuff.

Grateful for any ideas before I face the depressing thought of trying to find some time to take it to a dealers somewhere?

Have you updated the map on the SD card recently?

Yeah I bet your GPS puck is boned, a fairly common thing on Mk2's too.

I known on the Mk2's they would take on water under the roof seal, quite normal (mine certainly did it and never failed) but I guess its possible if too much damp has gotten in there is knackered something.