Clarity Sealant From Gb

radders567

I did see that. I thought you had done it again since that's all. Not questioning your knowledge.

Looks like a bonding failure, which is very strange for such a product

Funnily enough. Andy Goldfinger mentioned it to me after I had sealed his wifes yellow Citigo

He said it wasnt beading much

I suggested that it may be sheeting instead, as some sealants do

I may have been wrong.

I used Autobrite direct wax off to strip this time (i.e. in the video and pictures). On my spoiler I used IPA/water (1:5 dilution ratio) in a spray bottle and wiped with a MF towel and then buffed with a clean one before applying the clarity.

I used Autobrite direct wax off to strip this time (i.e. in the video and pictures). On my spoiler I used IPA/water (1:5 dilution ratio) in a spray bottle and wiped with a MF towel and then buffed with a clean one before applying the clarity.

Well your prep sounds great, really strange that it's failed.

Marks offer sounds good, strange the mixed feedback on this product, seems a bit of a marmite.

The yellow car chris did a while back looked cracking.

I won't try mine until the weather gets better but I will add my thoughts to this thread when I do for future reference.

Thanks for letting us know.

Update:

Used my wifes DS3 as a test for the Clarity Sealant today

Decontaminated the bonnet..ONLY the bonnet (Rest of the car is wearing DJ Supernatural Hybrid Wax with BSD as a topper

Firstly washed the whole car a susual, Then applied AB Waxoff to the bonnet:

2015-01-25%2010.22.56_zpscj4kzao1.jpg

Secondly..Dried off and wiped the bonnet with Car Pro Eraser

Thirdly ..Finished by wiping with G3 Wax Remover

2015-01-25%2010.30.25_zpsfc5b9pwo.jpg

I can be very confident that nothing is left on the bonnet that will contaminate or affect a coat of Clarity

Applied Clarity as per the instructions provided by Mark on the bottle..buffed off when hazed

2015-01-25%2010.30.30_zpslx8akybh.jpg

Applied another coat 2 hours later

Car sprayed with water to show the beading between the bonnet and the front valence

2015-01-25%2011.44.27_zps9bzgvidw.jpg

Beading not very tight compared to BSD

2015-01-25%2011.44.49_zpsizaslvok.jpg

I will report back next week at how the bonnet is looking..It does have a nice slick feel and great reflections ...so Im confident that it has bonded well

Watch this space

• Like 1

Great work Chris, this should be very revealing.

If you went through the website and got no response, I will chase it up with Obsessive Detail (Frankie)

I will wait to give your test to yield fruit first but I'll try to get a response/feedback from O

D

• Like 1

I'll keep an eye on this chris as I still haven't tried the bottle I got from mark.

Thanks for doing the test.

• Like 1

OK

This does not make good reading

Washed the bonnet with clean water and powerwashed with no Snow Foam

Then washed again with some  weak pH Neutral Snow foam and powerwashed off...NO TFR anywhere near the bonnet

So.....After one week on the car with no wash inbetween

This is the result:

2015-02-01%2012.30.17_zpsnkysuzmu.jpg

No beading or sheeting...In fact a total failure of the product..In only a week!!

• Like 3

OK

This does not make good reading

Washed the bonnet with clean water and powerwashed with no Snow Foam

Then washed again with some weak pH Neutral Snow foam and powerwashed off...NO TFR anywhere near the bonnet

So.....After one week on the car with no wash inbetween

This is the result:

2015-02-01%2012.30.17_zpsnkysuzmu.jpg

No beading or sheeting...In fact a total failure of the product..In only a week!!

Exactly the same as mine

• 5 months later...

Bit of an old bump but I just found my bottle of it again, having washed the corsa I thought I'd quickly try it on the back bumper which was re sprayed last year, has never had any protection applied etc, 2 days later I went out for a look, nothing. No protection at all and I can guarantee that panel has never had any work done to it, I've not even polished it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its a great shame..It promised much

I never got a reply from my eMail enquiry either..its at the back of my cupboard...Going in the bin when I get around to it

One to avoid for the future, thats for sure

Its a great shame..It promised much

I never got a reply from my eMail enquiry either..its at the back of my cupboard...Going in the bin when I get around to it

One to avoid for the future, thats for sure

Was your bottle separate to GB that was poor as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk