Cruise Control Fitting

You need to find out which sort of steering wheel control module you have, the part number will be printed on it or you can interrogate it using VCDS and then check the compatability of it here: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Steering_Wheel_Control_Module_Versions

To fit the cruise control you have to remove the air bag, removing the steering wheel, removing the upper and lower cowls, unscrewing a little T5 screw that holds the steering wheel control module (I got stuck at that point), removing the old indicator stalk and slotting the new one in.  Then you need to recode the steering wheel control module and the engine control module I think to tell the car it has cruise control, this can be done with VCDS.  It took me about an hour once I had wrestled the little T5 screw out!

When i was doing my 56 1.9tdi i got my module number went onto the rosstech wiki and it said my module was no good i had to change it. I decided to fit the stalk anyway and give it a go used vcds changed the numbers and it worked and its worked perfectly since even though ross techs wiki said it wouldnt.

When i was doing my 56 1.9tdi i got my module number went onto the rosstech wiki and it said my module was no good i had to change it. I decided to fit the stalk anyway and give it a go used vcds changed the numbers and it worked and its worked perfectly since even though ross techs wiki said it wouldnt.

Some steering controllers with the part and revision number have several software versions, some of which support CC, some don't. Mine is one with a version that does, but the Ross Tech wiki said it wouldn't work based solely on the part number. So it would be worth some extra googling if you have one which allegedly won't work.

But I think you can only get the software version using VCDS.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Where will I find the module number plug in to vcds and then ???

You plug the cable into the obdII diagnostic port (at bottom of the dash near the bonnet release) and then use the VCDS software to scan all of the various controllers in the car, which will include the steering controller. The auto scan results will include all the relevant information.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk