any one know of a scrappy around manchester need parts for my mk1 fabia, also need help with coding

tombirch95

hi guys,

decided to save up and get a ECU, Speedo and Keys from a scrappy as my speedo blew and i don't have the 7skc for the car and have no clue on how to get one, so I'm semi cheating and just going to replace the lot.

my car is a 1.4 fabia comfort 2001 petrol

any ideas of a scrappy around manchester or that does them with a decent price please let me know.

once i have them I'm guessing the engine should work without coding as if i get the gizmo's out of the same car they will already be coded together right? 

is there any other coding i need to change/do in order to get the car running again?

any help would be highly appreciated 

Try this place i managed to get a rear axle after bending mine when i spun the car and hit a kerb earlier this year. He seamed reasonable price wise and specializes in German cars.

www.autosparesworld.org.uk

as with coding my m8 got someone out to code a new set of clocks into his mk4 golf for £80 ill see if i can get the details off him tonight for you.

hi guys,

decided to save up and get a ECU, Speedo and Keys from a scrappy as my speedo blew and i don't have the 7skc for the car and have no clue on how to get one, so I'm semi cheating and just going to replace the lot.

my car is a 1.4 fabia comfort 2001 petrol

any ideas of a scrappy around manchester or that does them with a decent price please let me know.

once i have them I'm guessing the engine should work without coding as if i get the gizmo's out of the same car they will already be coded together right? 

is there any other coding i need to change/do in order to get the car running again?

any help would be highly appreciated 

MPI?

I have keys (x2 + x1 not coded iirc?), speedo (still in car but doesn't have to be...), and ECU.

Now when I bought the car it had an intermittent immobilizer fault (apparently), a few things had been swapped (keys was one iirc) but they were not convinced it was right and got rid (I suspect the oil leak, knackard shocks and imminent MOT had an impact too). I started/stopped it maybe 30times in my ownership and the fault did not occur...

Bearing the above in mind the lot is yours if you want to make the trip over to collect.

There is also the option of the ignition barrel, door lock and fuel cap (though I think the cap may have been binned already) so you could swap the lot and not bother with having your keys coded.