skoda felicia fuel sending unit

i recently changed the dash panel with a second hand one and the one i bought had the fuel gauge or something faulty so i took it to a car electrician and he repaired it for me, till i went back to refill my car it hasnt moved from full mark since...

Go back with the dash panel to that car electrician to fix it properly.He can test it before give it you back using a car battery and a 500 ohm potentiometer. If he knows how...

Next time don't hold information about prior events if you expect helpful answers. Who would have thought you messed with the panel? Nobody. Yet you found the information irrelevant.

Perhaps it would be better to let us know why did you change the dashboard in the 1st place, to have the full chronology of events.

well he said to me if it reads incorrectly again it must be the sender is bad,

Did you see with your own eyes the panel working on another Felicia (same type) or on electrician's bench?

• Like 1

Let's think logic. You didn't change the panel for bad fuel gauge. So when you removed the panel, the fuel gauge was functional. Then you put the "new' panel and fuel gauge is not working. Since nobody touched the fuel sender, it was clear the problem lies with the "new' panel. So you ask the electrician to repair it. He "repairs' it and when you put it back... fuel gauge needle is stuck at full tank. I stress again, nobody touched the fuel sender meanwhile, and I think you didn't flipped the car upside down waiting for the panel to be repaired. So again, logic tells me the panel was not repaired properly. Why am I so sure? Because I know from personal experience the following:

• the panels of all Felicia cars have PCBs with very thin copper routes. The routes and solder joints can crack easily around panel connectors just from stressing the connectors a little
  • the gauges pins oxidize or the corresponding female connectors develop cracks on PCB. As I said, PCB is a mess, way too fragile.
  • if you replace the panel from a Felicia on carburetor with a panel from a Felicia on injection, the fuel gauge needle shows full tank. Why? Because the former has a 3-wire sender and the latter a 2-wire sender. Different circuits on PCB, different design, different fuel gauge!
  • in order to have a fuel gauge needle stuck at full tank, the fuel sender should be stuck in up position from events such as: fuel tanked recently filled to the brim, fuel sender shorted, car was in an accident and flipped over or had a very strong up-down shock. Unless you forgot again to tell a relevant prior event, none of those happened.

I learned all this by repairing my PCB. I doubt very much your electrician knows what I know. But if you choose to believe him, be my guest and mess with the sender. But I know I am right and I wait for you to confirm. You can waste a lot of time chasing red herrings or you can take the short route and ask the electrician to do a proper repair. Armed with above information from me, he should be able to do it right next time.

Many Felicia owners had similar problems with fuel, temperature or tachometer gauges and didn't know what to do, so it would be nice to keep us posted till the end.

Edited by RicardoM

im confused

Of course you are. I looked at your other topics and you keep doing the same mistakes:

• you don't tell every information you have about your problem, you write only 3 words and expect solutions
  • you don't read and don't do what you're told to do, or perhaps you don't understand
  • in other words you have a communication problem

Adapting a dash panel is not for amateur electricians, especially if we have to pull words from you with a plier.

I already told you what my problem is... I filled it to the brim and it got stuck at the same position, today i tried pulling the three wires of the sender to see what happens but when i pulled the blue wire nothing happened.. Is this supposed to be like this or what?

How did the problem occur? After filling the fuel tank to the brim?

After 2 days you suddenly remember this 'small' detail. 

I already told you what my problem is... I filled it to the brim and it got stuck at the same position

Fix it yourself. You are on your own as far I'm concerned. I wasted too much of my time and energy talking to a wall.

Edited by RicardoM

i solved it myself

Excellent! Then tell everybody how you did it. I am sure all viewers (except me) would like to learn from your expertise in case they run into a similar problem. This is a forum where people share their knowledge for free. Try not to contradict your previous descriptions or some law of physics. Also, since you didn't need my help, make sure you didn't use any previous advice from me to solve the problem. Let's see what you can come up with.

Edited by RicardoM