Favorite Yeti feature(s) ?

ftmch

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the best feature of the Yeti - if you are tight for space at home you can park the helicopter on top of it although in my experience it's best to remove the helicopter when driving as it can affect the handling and the extra drag absolutely murders fuel consumption figures.

What - you didn't tick the "helicopter" option box? I'm sure it's there - between the extended warranty and spare wheel options so in with the other "must haves". But with your order in its too late now I'm afraid.

(And apologies to those few members of the forum that may not have seen THAT Top Gear review).

EDIT: Sorry, forget the bit about options - I've just remembered, the personal helicopter comes as standard if you order an Elegance with 16" Moon alloys. I think a couple of other regulars here will be able to confirm this although Skoda don't make a lot of it in the brochures.

(I really need to get a life........)

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the best feature of the Yeti - if you are tight for space at home you can park the helicopter on top of it although in my experience it's best to remove the helicopter when driving as it can affect the handling and the extra drag absolutely murders fuel consumption figures.

What - you didn't tick the "helicopter" option box? I'm sure it's there - between the extended warranty and spare wheel options so in with the other "must haves". But with your order in its too late now I'm afraid.

(And apologies to those few members of the forum that may not have seen THAT Top Gear review).

EDIT: Sorry, forget the bit about options - I've just remembered, the personal helicopter comes as standard if you order an Elegance with 16" Moon alloys. I think a couple of other regulars here will be able to confirm this although Skoda don't make a lot of it in the brochures.

(I really need to get a life........)

Was going to option in the Helicopter but Skoda Australia didn't offer one in our preferred color.

Damn shame.

The number one thing about the Yeti that makes me smile every time I use it is the turning circle.

A lot of the other features (heated seats, steering xenons etc etc) can be found in many other cars.  You can't option low-speed manoeuvrability and the capability of getting out of tight spots in one go, though!

Some people will find this second thing surprising, especially since I have a spare wheel, but I do also like the load-carrying capability.  Being able to take the rear seats out altogether makes a massive difference to the load space when you've got a lot of stuff to transport.  My Impreza didn't have a huge boot - the Yeti's is actually very comparable in carrying capacity, even with the spare - but the load space that you get in the Yeti by taking the seats out is much bigger than the Impreza, in which the seats could only be folded.

Edited by ejstubbs
  • Like 1

....EDIT: Sorry, forget the bit about options - I've just remembered, the personal helicopter comes as standard if you order an Elegance with 16" Moon alloys. I think a couple of other regulars here will be able to confirm this although Skoda don't make a lot of it in the brochures....(I really need to get a life........)

As I remember it, Paul, the helo was the '+' on the SE+.  I didn't qualify with my SE and I couldn't have used one at home anyway,because of all the trees. 

As for getting a life, it's not mentioned in the official spec but it comes as standard equipment on all Yetis :happy: