Is my battery knackered?

Such

I have noticed for some time, that the turnover is slow at starting, but it fires and starts.

When been on a run, it is normal, however, the following morning same problem. I drive around 50-150 miles daily, so the car is having a good long motorway blast.

Now it just wont start, - this has happened before, whilst cleaning which drained the battery, but was fine when jumped.

I am about to call out skoda assist to jump, and perhaps check the battery.

I have a sub that is on with ignition, but two dash cams on a permanent live -( could not find switched live)

Could the 2 cams be the reason why even though the car is driven extensively daily?

Also, would the battery be covered under warranty?

Thanks

I'd check that the alternator is charging properly. I'd also check that the battery doesent have any splits or cracks and theres is enough water in the battery first.

Yes the two cams will drain the battery, the rear wiper is ignition fed and IIRC the 12v sockets are also ignition fed, use a tap in the fusebox for the front camera and directly to the wiper motor for the rear (fused of course)

Yes the two cams will drain the battery, the rear wiper is ignition fed and IIRC the 12v sockets are also ignition fed, use a tap in the fusebox for the front camera and directly to the wiper motor for the rear (fused of course)

Could not find the rear wiper fuse when I tried, hence where it is now fitted. Both cameras are tapped to the same fuse. I will look at this again. IIRC the 12v sockets are permanently live

well, it was down to the cams, drawing about 0.6amps from battery. Battery test came out good, so no new battery required.

Will rewire the cams when it is dry in the week

Thanks

Fubar did a fitting guide on his mk2 which uses a piggyback fuseholder and a seperate multi socket lighter located in the small cubbyhole on the right of tne steering wheel which many of us used that you should be able to find with a search of the mk2 section. Looking at the fuse box from the top there are 2 rows of micro fuses, then 2 rows of mini fuses. The top row of mini fuses are definitely switched as thats where I've got mine plugged in.

Thanks littleade

I followed Fubars guide and did just that with a multi socket. Can remember which fuse I used now, but I will look again this week and see if I can use one from the top row of mini fuses

Cheers

Cheers fella

Is that the first empty fuse holder from the left?

I will put mine in there tomorrow and post results.

Thanks for taking the time out to post this pic  :thumbup:

From memory it is mate as I think the fuses are offset rather than onedirectly above the other but I couldn't get the door any further open as the garage wall was in the way when I took it and wasn't paying too much attention! It's defo next to the red one though and I think the next line down is switched too. It should be easy to check if its switched or not if you don't have a multi meter by turning your ignition on and off. Good luck.

Towbar fuse out is switched, I ran my aftermarket headunit from there via an add-a-circuit like above. Can't remember the number, but if I recall right different years and trims have the fuses in different places? I'm sure I found that when looking originally...

Right sorted out the cams on a switched live.

Not sure what I done now but my heated screen does not seem to work, although the light on the switch works? :doh: