Forge FMKT19TDi Kit? Anyone used them?

billy2981

Hi guys,

I am thinking Ive got a boost leak and the only pipe that's loose is the one that goes into the turbo, you can wiggle it about a fair bit in all directions including in and out.

Has anyone used this kit?

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Silicone_Boost_Hoses_Kit_for_SEAT_Ibiza_19TDi_with_ASZ_Engine_Code--product--1132.html

There is just the turbo pipe too

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Fluorosilicone_Turbo_Hose_for_SEAT_Ibiza_130_Diesel_and_Skoda_Fabia_VRS--product--274.html

I really want to know if these are a nice snug fit?

cheers

billy

also anyone know where to get them from a bit cheaper, cheapest Ive found was £205 for the kit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These came today.

They look awesome and solid.

The end bits look more solid than std which seem hollow. These look machined and feel solid.

One question tho. They come with jubilee clamps......

Are they to go on and clamp the pipe to the ends? They look mint without but I am guessing they are needed for secuing the pipes more?

Lol yea i thought the ends were built in to the pipes but they not. You could just buy the ends and sort pipe youself.

Do you know it these are a direct fit or will they need trimming like the fmic pipes?

• 3 weeks later...

just to update this IF anyone is thinking of getting them.

DONT BOTHER for the money they are not worth it imo.  They are not the correct angles and are a PITFA to fit. They are tight fitting but if anyone knows where to get the ends from then just buy cheap pipe and trim how you like.

The EGR to plastic 90deg bend is not 90deg from Forge. same goes for the one off the turbo its a big out. the one that goes from the metal pipe to the IC is also not quite the right angle and is too big but you cant trim it enough to allow fitting of the mikalor clamps.

all in all not worth the £205 I got them for but now they are on they seem ok even if they are slightly bent more than the pipes are sposed to be, not kinked but under more pressure than the OEM pipes which fit like a glove.

Cheers,

Yea I thought they would be the same as the OEM stuff but the angles are all wrong, the ends are solid and really tight fitting which is good but I am sure Ive seen them available on ebay for less than £20 each, then just get some pipes and trim them to how you want.

I should of known really as the FMIC I had for my Octavia vRS was a forge and that needed no end of trimming.  Not really impressed with them to say its all at a premium

If you have the money, what the hell go for it but don't expect them to just go on like OEM

• 5 months later...

Cheers,

Yea I thought they would be the same as the OEM stuff but the angles are all wrong, the ends are solid and really tight fitting which is good but I am sure Ive seen them available on ebay for less than £20 each, then just get some pipes and trim them to how you want.

Honestly surprises me... My car was 100% stock and these were modeled on my OEM pipes?? The set they sent me snapped straight in... Yeah, they were harder to fit then OEM because they have much chunkier ends, but slackening off the clips before fitment gave loads more adjustment... the metal bottom pipe was hardest just because it was now a metal connector into a metal pipe so much less give... 

It's a shame if they've started messing these up... wonder if there's a model year issue?

Edited by Rob.

Also... gotta be totally sure it's all oil stable silicon pipe due to EGR, and the turbo pipe is high temp.. which Forge say it all is, but wouldn't trust cheapo eaby pipes...

Once it's on its ok. Just the bends are not 100%.

Tbh it's harder getting it spot on due to the thickness.

Mine seem ok now. Had one pop on the lower ic. Not done it since