Vrs Facelift?

kprm77

Is the vRS Octavia to be facelifted in the near future? :confused:

I'm sure I've heard something on this on Scoobynet, but couldn't find anything about it on there or BriSkoda.

I'll hopefully be getting an Ocatvia vRS next May (hand me down cast off company car permitting) - just wondering if the Ocatavia will be facelifted before then. Won't make any difference to my choice of an Octavia, but if I knew there was to be a facelift in June, I'd hang on.

Thanks. :D

This didn't really warrant a whole new thread...

Not a facelift but today I got to play with Skodas new optional extra...sat nav for the RS (and other models?). I'd popped into Bickertons in Sheffield to see their Fabia RS and got distracted by a brand new 03 Octavia. It's lifted straight out of the Audi All-Road and also comes with a new LED dash display from the A4 ie it shows an image of the car and indicates whether doors are open etc. When the car is running it can either display arrows indicating the direction you should be heading or other info such as mpg etc.

The sat nav itself takes up the space of the standard head unit plus the storage underneath. The screen is centrally mounted and slightly off set to face the driver with controls for the sat nav and stereo mounted around it.

A snip at

The one I saw was certainly a factory fit unit (it said 'Skoda' on it). Give it a couple of months and no doubt they'll be selling it, at the moment one of the staff gets to take it home.

They've also got a used black RS estate in. No more info than that I'm afraid. Their number will be on here somewhere if anyone is interested.

The major units include the navigation unit and an electronic control unit, together with a roof combi aerial and dedicated aerial wire. My guess is that a fair amount of work would be involved retrofitting the kit, and that it might be easier to buy and fit an off the shelf kit.

I bought my second hand vRS estate last month (it was only 4 months old - registered April) and I chose this over a new one as it was slightly cheaper, but also had all the extras including the sat nav - so its not new.

Having said that its an absolute blast - bloody hilarious at times, but equally damned impressive. Certainly one of the best bits is how it interfaces with the dashboard as rich1068 points out - very neat. It's actually a Blaupunkt machine which is re-badged for a large number of car manufacturers.

The MAJOR advantage of this factory fitted unit is the dashboard - I cannot emphasise how easy it is to follow the instructions from the dashboard (you also get voice instructions as well). If you tried to follow the colour screen with its nice map etc I guarantee it won't be long before you get rather intimate with the car in front!

All this said - would I buy it from new? Probably not, but am I glad I've got it? Absolutely !!

:D :D

B****r! The last thing we need on Briskoda is a vRS owner with something the rest of us haven't got... grumpy.gif

Not to worry though. The downside is that annual CD updates probably cost squillions of quid a year. (What, me jealous? Never!)