TMC gearbox obd remap

Does anyone know anything more other than what's stated on the website about TMCs gearbox remap? It looks really good. Upping torque limiters, 50% faster changes etc. But worries are gearbox life, surly it will go down? 100000miles the clutch packs are rated to yes?

It can't be as good as it looks right? None traceable for warrenty as well!

http://www.tmcmotorsport.com/TMCAutoFlash.aspx?SID=2358943774

I must admit it looks really good. Too good to believe. How can it not be traceable? There must be a catch.

I guess because of this:

"and will not add a count to the ECU flash counter"

So flashing back to standard would do the same I guess.

Phil

Just following up with the TMC AutoFlash,

the convo is going like this.

Hi TMC Motorsport,

Can you please give me a quote for an AutoFlash box for a Skoda Fabia  RS 1.4 TSI 132 kW 180 BHP 1390cc (2011)

Thank you,

S Burdon

Hi Sam, your Autoflash will cost £299 +vat with free shipping.

Best regards,

Daron Brown - International Sales,

Hi, 

How do I place an order for the above AutoFlash? 

Also, can you provide any specific information on what settings are altered for the 7spd DSG when paired with the 1.4tsi 132kw engine?

Regards,

Hi Sam, the Autoflash alters the shifting speed of the gearbox and clamping time of the clutches. It also raises the torque limits. Would you like a PayPal request?

Best regards,
Daron Brown - International Sales,
 TMC Motorsport

Hi Daron, 

Thanks for your prompt reply. Paypal is my preferred method of payment.

But, again, can you be more specific about what it does. i.e the torque limit stock is.....the new raised torque limit is.....
And when more power from the engine is stated, is this an actual engine map or is the power increase due to extra torque available? Also, the throttle limit? what was the limit at stock and what will it be after the AutoFlash?

As you can tell, i am interested in the Autoflash but to feel confident in applying this to my car, i want to understand in full (or as much as you are happy to divulge) what parameters are going to be changed from and to. 

My final question is, i am running a similar unit as the TMC tuning box from BlueSpark Automotive, will this be compatible with the AutoFlash? My assumption is the AutoFlash works independently to engine outputs - the tuning boxes just help get the most of of things so what tuning box is fitted to the engine doesn't matter.

Thanks and looking forward to your reply. 

Ps, if to answer my questions you need to get into technical details, that's great!

Hopefully the reply i get back will give be a bit more informative!!

Remember that it does not matter if it is Visible to a Dealer.

'Not Dealer Traceable'.

If the DQ200's that have been part of a Service Campaign give up the ghost and are part of a Warranty Claim,

VW / Skoda will quite possibly be having the ECU analysed by Professionals, not just plugged into a Diagnostic at a Dealership Workshop.

So if you plug in their products best just be prepared to cover any breakages or faults from you own pocket,

rather than make a Warranty Claim for Skoda / VW.

http://www.hp.net.au/index.php/products/dq200

Edited by goneoffSKi