Roof rail removal

• 5 months later...

Do you still have the rails, and did you remove the rubber fill strip or is it still on the car?

Regards, Mike

I removed the rails from the car but I still have the holes in the guttering plastics, I replaced the bolts with some earth bolts from work, will be selling them but have to be a freedom member to sell I think

did you have to remove the roof trim to get at the nuts or are they 'captive' on the roof i.e. you just undid the bolts from outside. Have considered fitting them to my car but was put off by the thought of removing the trim!

No I didn't have to take the trim off there was just a floating plate under the head lining at the front and rear fitting points and a 10mm nut on the middle fixing point if you are lucky you can slide your hand under the headlining to place the brackets and then bolt it up