Extra fuel Capacity

SKOD

I keep reading about venting the fuel tank to allow more diesel to be put of up to 10 litres  by pressing a button on the filler pipe.

Well I tried this last night and all I could get in was about an extra 3 litres before the fuel came up the filler pipe.

Not sure that I will do this again as an extra 3 litres seams hardly worthwhile as it would only mean 1 day more before a fill up would be required. :x

Does the range shown by the fuel computer take into account the extra fuel put in?

I doubt the extra 10l,I know the extra capacity is somewhere under 5l

And btw,is a very bad idea to do this,the tank has a ventilation sistem for it;s purposes,and you choke it

Reading through previous posts abot venting, it seems the diesel had a different ventilation system to that of the petrol, so according to these posts ok to vent diesel. But as I said in my 1st post on this matter can't see venting is worth when only extra 3 litres can be put in,