VRS special edition

Matt29

Hello, I do not own a skoda as of yet but I'm looking for a standard fabia VRS special edition with low mileage. Does anyone have one or know for one that's for sale?? Thanks I'm advanced.

Yeah it was form Bristol and I was talking to him about it. But by the time I had the money ready he had already sold it. My car is currently on eBay but attracting some attention so I'm hoping to have the money ready by the weekend. Just finding one then.

I wouldnt be put off by cars with 40k-70k miles. If the car is in good nick overall, that sort of mileage is no issue.

I bought my MK1 VRS with 50k on it. it was tight as a drum and when I sold it at near 73k it was the same as the day i got it.

I'd much rather buy a car with higher mileage that has been looked after, rather than one with low miles but has just been an abused shopping cart.

Yeah that's true, I don't mind a fab with 40k on it tbh, but would be a bit cautious about the higher mileage ones. I definatley wouldn't buy one with more than 70k on it but that's just coz I'm fussy not because the engine won't last as we all know the pd130 are solid. But all the ones for sale atm are above the 70k mark. Apart from one which is high 60's.

Yeah that's true, I don't mind a fab with 40k on it tbh, but would be a bit cautious about the higher mileage ones. I definatley wouldn't buy one with more than 70k on it but that's just coz I'm fussy not because the engine won't last as we all know the pd130 are solid. But all the ones for sale atm are above the 70k mark. Apart from one which is high 60's.

I would rather buy a good condition car with 100K miles that has been well looked after with FSH, than a car with 30K miles that is clearly unloved and has little service history.

I always tend to notice that the car with lower mileage are the ones that aren't looked after / maintained as well!!

• Like 3

Mileage is abit of a non-entity if the car has been well looked after - some say there is no such thing as high mileage for a diesel . 

IMO as long as a diesel has good service history its all good, more mileage is better on a diesel rather than LOW mileage of stop and start journeys as the engine is always running cold. 

With average mileage in the UK being around 13,500 miles a year for diesel cars, then 80+ for a 7 yr old car wouldn't be excessive.

My SE has done 102k , oil change every 5k , fuel filter etcetc every 12 months - never missed a beat.

Thing is what would you consider to be high mileage on a 7+ year old car? 

I'd say the average mileage would be 70-105k based on someone doing between 10,000-15,000 miles per year. 

As said above more important is the history of the car and if the correct service schedule has been stuck too, in these it is imperative that the correct oil has been used at each service.

Yeah 70 to 100 k would be the average. But here are some out there on like 30k etc. I really fancied a se mainly because of the leather as the standard VRS interior are not to my liking. But think I could put some nice leathers in there out of the money I saved between the VRS and se. But need to find one I like first. I like red but my girlfriend ain't a fan. Or there is a silver one on low mileage. IBe confused mysef I've looked at so many. Just Duno what to do lol

Yeah 70 to 100 k would be the average. But here are some out there on like 30k etc. I really fancied a se mainly because of the leather as the standard VRS interior are not to my liking. But think I could put some nice leathers in there out of the money I saved between the VRS and se. But need to find one I like first. I like red but my girlfriend ain't a fan. Or there is a silver one on low mileage. IBe confused mysef I've looked at so many. Just Duno what to do lol

You'd pay through the nose and bum hole for an SE with that low mileage as they go for inflated prices as it is! Your best bet would be to try and source a low mileage non-se with leathers (they are out there) or budget to buy them afterwards like you say.

I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage, the overall condition of the car and the service history is more important. I'd consider 60k to be low mileage for one of these but each to their own.

If I saw this advert... "Fabia vRS for sale, 1 lady owner, 30k miles." That would scream to me 'little old lady shopping cart'. Clutch slipped to hell, loads and loads of short journeys, cam belt service probably well overdue. Ok I appreciate that may not be the case but I'd be asking many questions about the sort of use it's had that's for sure.