Electric gremlin

This morning I had to manual lock my octavia when i went to the shops, I didnt notice anything wrong initialy but when I went through the car I found the following:

Driver side door window controls, only driver window working other 3 not being controlled but will work on their own door.

Auto lock when driving not working

Remote central locking not working

Anyone had a similar experience?

It sounds like an electrical connection fault between the door controllers. I would hope it's not the door controllers themselves as the windows all work individually on their own switches but it could be a faulty main door controller.

Perhaps try other doors for a broken wire first? If not a VCDS scan would be best.

Yea VCDS would be my best bet, im still saving for one tho.

I do need a new rear wiper motor cos it has given up the ghost (a bit of a joke on a 2009 car), tried the WD but the motor is very tired and wont move when the wiper is attatched.

Could the both be related?

That would probably be related.  Really needs a diagnostic check, you could check the owners list in the VCDS section and try and find someone local...

Update:

Got a scan done and it came up no power going to central locking convenience ECU

So done the following:

Dropped glove box down about 6-8inches ( did not need to disconnect anything eg aircon hose/light/airbag connection)

The module is a black box just left of centre in a vertical position with two connector looms pluged into it.

I checked the cables and area for moisture and damage, I then pushed the connections in tight to the module.

Then I heard what sounded like all the window motors checking the windows were closed.

Verdict:

I may possibly need a new module in the future and if I do I know the part number

For my octavia its 1K0959433BT

And only a 10-15 min job

But for now everything is working properly

• Like 1