How to check and protect your door multiplugs

YellowCar

I will check the layout of the Altea to be certain of what I'm saying (is it an xl?), but it sounds like either a microswitch has failed or is in the final process of failing in the lock mechanism module.

To give you an idea of what is involved, check this thread out, I warn you, it is not for the feint of heart :giggle: , but it will give you an idea of what microswitch does what and is good info anyway just to get you on the same page as the garage if you decide to let someone else do the job - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/341937-octavia-door-lock-problem-diagnoserepair-guide/.

Can you pm me a year and an engine code and I'll get some more info for you.

Phil

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if there is a connector on the other end of the multiplug loom that can be easily unplugged and removed?

Im on route to breakers yard and would rather have loom in tact as against cutting it off at the door!

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2015 at 17:46, littleade said:

Hi Phil,

it's doing 2 things ATM, or not as the case might be. first it doesn't unlock the drivers door off the remote- you have to use the key, though it will take the deadlock off, disable the alarm & unlock everything else. after that it's not auto locking at 20mph- every time you go from below to above 20 you can hear it clicking and it doesn't lock the drivers door, though you can get round that by using the remote to do it before you start the car. I read somewhere that the Altea door card is a bit strange with the window mechanism attached to that rather than the door itself so I gave up at that point in case I go into a bit of a mess!

:sweat:

Cheers

sorry forgot to add apart from spraying wd40 into the connector that goes into the lock mechanism that looks fine I've done nothing.

Ade

Another common problem other than the connectors is the wires breaking / corroding / failing where they go through the rubber sleeve between the car door and the bodywork. I think the clue might be its the drivers door causing the problem, they usually go first because they get the most use. Some makes of car do a standard kit to sort this, it's that common.

Pull back the rubber sleeve and check the wiring. I had to splice in new wires on my wife's Ford with this exact problem.