Rear calipers

Evening all,

It looks as if a return spring could be fitted to the handbrake lever on the rear caliper.

Is this possiblle?  If so what is the part number.

Many thanks

SN

Hi,

There's a big thread on these springs, after a long and painful read - here are my conclusions:

Below part numbers are for the Golf caliper and are arguably a bit too strong for the Lucas caliper's on a Fabia making the handbrake very heavy and no doubt putting constant strain on the cable. Ontop of that, whilst they fit just fine - its not an 'as designed' fit:

1KO 615295

1KO 615296

The below are the correct springs for our Lucas calipers, do the job well without negative impacts to handbrake lever weight or cable strain:

7HO 615 295A (N/S)

7HO 615 296 (O/S)

I ordered the latter from TPS for just under a fiver, and can report they work perfectly and fit perfectly. I'd recommend ordering these (7HO) over the Golf ones (1KO).

Cheers,

Rhauri

Edited by rhauri