Drove an Audi S1 - Future car, yes please!

CarlizzleFoSho

Not sure if anyone else has popped something up about the S1 already but thought I'd throw in my two cents!

Test drove one about a month or so ago (no intention of buying one new, but wanted to give it a whirl.) I've had a 200bhp turbo Seat Ibiza Cupra petrol before, but this was something else.

Not a huge fan of the A1's but the S1 really does look the awesome in person. The speed and the way it delivers it is phenomenal, exhaust had a nice throaty sound, cornered like a dream due to the Quattro element, and fuel consumption wasn't as bad as my old Ibiza.

Only downsides would be that the car has back seats but they're useless unless you have no legs, the optional extra's such as the stunning Quattro exterior pack cost an absolute fortune. For what it is, it's bloody expensive. However you realise you're paying for an unreal level of quality and technology that most little hot hatches don't have.

Will definitely consider looking into one in about 3-4 years time once they've gone down from their 25-30k current asking price! Spoke to a friend that works for Audi and he's calculated they'll be worth around 12k in 5 years..

• Like 1

Out of the 200 or so registered in the UK, there are plenty sitting for sale, Demonstrators or ex demonstrators probably,

and they appear to not be selling at the Asking Prices.

It will be interesting to see if the Numbers some how reduce with Audi Exporting them from the UK so that there is no obvious discounting required.

They are rather expensive compared to buying a used S3 or Golf R with 300 ps, and the option of a DSG.

• Like 4

Completely agree. A friend of mine (who's clearly earning too much money!) has a new S3, and as you said it's not far off the S1. With a almost fully specced S1 you're looking at 30 - 35k. The S1 did have pretty terrible road noise, as refined as it was it certainly wasn't as practical or as refined as the S3 or even the Golf GTI of similar power.

Speaking of the new Fabia, I'm genuinely cheesed off at the fact it doesn't look like they'll be releasing it in VRS form. Spoke with someone I know that works as the Head of Business at Skoda and he said it's not in the pipeline.

WHY GOD WHY?! If they released that new look Fabia as a VRS model I'd consider that as a next car, it seems loopy to miss the boat on this one don't you think? (Apologies goign vaguely off topic).

• Like 2

Agreed! Not that a plan on having a family or anything, but it's nice to actually have useable space.

A good boot and some form of backseat is well worth it. Plus the S3's sounds pretty tasty too :B And way more refined than their older counterparts!

• Like 1