Quick wiper question.

I was out in the rain tonight and had the wipers on normal speed. Came to traffic lights and stopped but the wipers didn't. I thought they're supposed to go to intermittent whilst stopped?

I know my Citigo does and my Octavia did. Is it right they keep on wiping whilst stationary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. What a rip off ! [emoji15]

My Citigo has this function yet the Rapid hasn't [emoji19]

I wonder if you can enable it with vcds?

I think it's because the Citigo didn't have the variable intermittant wipers. Have you got the variable function on the Rapid?

I think it's because the Citigo didn't have the variable intermittant wipers. Have you got the variable function on the Rapid?

Yes it's got variable wipe function but my Citigo hasn't.

I find that when I have it on periodic wiper which is set to fastest, when I stop at a traffic light, it slows down.

This doesn't work for slow or fast wipe, only periodic which is typically enough when you have light rain.

• Like 1

I find that when I have it on periodic wiper which is set to fastest, when I stop at a traffic light, it slows down.

This doesn't work for slow or fast wipe, only periodic which is typically enough when you have light rain.

I reminded myself in some heavy rain today. The setting you can alter via VCDS changes the slow and fast wipe, so when you stop, it's drops down to a slow periodic wipe, returning to normal when you move off.

• Like 1