wiper service position

This "service position" -thing is something I really dislike about some modern cars. Why do they have to design the bonnet so that you can't lift up the wipers in their resting position like you have been able to with every car I've owned so far?

Living in a country with harsh winters I'm accustomed to lifting up my blades at least once a day, often several times a day. (To protect them from freezing to the windscreen, and blocking me from cleaning snow from underneath them and to wipe them down with alcohol every time I have to drive on a salted freeway, if I want them to not streak the next time I use them.)

I wonder what I'll end up doing when my Octy arrives...the thought of moving the wipers to the service position every time I park sounds tiresome...not to mention I really dislike the idea of them moving on a dry windscreen in the first place.

I always figured it was to stop annoying friends from noticing you car when parked somewhere and lifting them up for you to find upon your return hahaha 

• Like 1

I always figured it was to stop annoying friends from noticing you car when parked somewhere and lifting them up for you to find upon your return hahaha

Problem now is people try that and scratch the paintwork on the edge of your bonnet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem now is people try that and scratch the paintwork on the edge of your bonnet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha noooooo my friends know better than to do that lol. Their life would not be worth living  :devil:

• Like 2

Haha noooooo my friends know better than to do that lol. Their life would not be worth living  :devil:

Trouble is, it's not your friends you need worry abut.  It's the little chavs who have nothing better to do than make other people's lives a misery to then get 'rewarded' with an ASBO trophy.

Trouble is, it's not your friends you need worry abut.  It's the little chavs who have nothing better to do than make other people's lives a misery to then get 'rewarded' with an ASBO trophy.

Ha! As if I leave my car anywhere they might be lol  :no: