Monte Meshed Fogs

Thought id try Mesh Tinting my Fogs to see what it would look like, i do like it. not sure whether to change it for just a standard tint? 

Time for Photos, as always! 

No Fogs! 

2014-12-19173548_zps0f9d0a7c.jpg

Before-

2014-12-19170451_zpse041440a.jpg

After-

2014-12-19170447_zps0003365a.jpg

Side By Side-

2014-12-19170459_zpsffacdf32.jpg

Cant really see it in this photo, Bright White DRLS-

2014-12-19180153_zps969f448f.jpg

Closer on the DRLS-

2014-12-19180203_zps035a1a5f.jpg

Daylight Photo-

2014-12-21150153_zps86131be6.jpg

Closer in Daylight-

2014-12-21150158_zps8a536496.jpg

i do like it personally, just thought for a couple of £s i might as well give it a go. 

Jay

I quite like it. I have got some flyeye from an old project, been looking for something to do with it. Great many thanks.

Steve

• Like 1

Jay

I quite like it. I have got some flyeye from an old project, been looking for something to do with it. Great many thanks.

Steve

i would recommend doing it mate, and lets be honest, if you don't like it then take it off :) 

i would recommend doing it mate, and lets be honest, if you don't like it then take it off :)

That looks really good, i'm gunna do it to mine now after seeing yours haha. What material exactly did you use and how did you fix it? Also what DRLs are they? Been looking for some for aaages but can't find any nice onces i like..?

That looks really good, i'm gunna do it to mine now after seeing yours haha. What material exactly did you use and how did you fix it? Also what DRLs are they? Been looking for some for aaages but can't find any nice onces i like..?

This is the one i bought-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251277204521?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

it comes in a tube and its on like a white backing sheet, you just slowly peal it off the sheet and stick it onto the light (Remember to clean the light first!!!) and i used a credit card or something similar to smooth it all out. pretty simple.

The DRLS i keep getting asked about haha, they are really good. not the cheapest item, but well worth the money! 

These are what i have-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281120420538?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&clk_rvr_id=752410515426&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

This is the one i bought-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251277204521?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

it comes in a tube and its on like a white backing sheet, you just slowly peal it off the sheet and stick it onto the light (Remember to clean the light first!!!) and i used a credit card or something similar to smooth it all out. pretty simple.

The DRLS i keep getting asked about haha, they are really good. not the cheapest item, but well worth the money! 

These are what i have-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281120420538?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&clk_rvr_id=752410515426&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Cheers! Just ordered some mesh, gunna post some pics up when it arrives and i do it!

I just ordered the fly eye for my fogs after seeing yours! Looks good Jay, really good. Did you use a hair dryer/heat gun to warm the film first? I did when I did my rear lights but not sure if you really have to.

Will look good with my 80w DRL'S behind them. I also have 50w CREE fog lamp upgrades.

These are my DRL bulbs http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281463553423&alt=web

Jay, in another thread you were looking for red w5w bulbs that are flat, these would do it.... http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=270947237995&alt=web

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I just ordered the fly eye for my fogs after seeing yours! Looks good Jay, really good. Did you use a hair dryer/heat gun to warm the film first? I did when I did my rear lights but not sure if you really have to.

Will look good with my 80w DRL'S behind them. I also have 50w CREE fog lamp upgrades.

These are my DRL bulbs http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281463553423&alt=web

Jay, in another thread you were looking for red w5w bulbs that are flat, these would do it.... http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=270947237995&alt=web

The above link takes you to an American item, no idea why! Search this item number 270947237995

Very nice mate, and thank you! I'll save that link!

And you wouldnt happen to have any idea of why everytime I change my sidelights to bright white I get an error code? I've tried like 6 different types of all different prices. And I get the same error everytime, well same error light. It's really annoying!

Also, you can use a heat gun or hair dryer, I didn't and it still come out fine. But I would probably use one to do the corners to make them stick

I'll use the hair dryer I think, cheers.

Not sure about the bulbs, I had some in mine for about 6 months and all if a sudden they have started showing up errors so I have ordered some new ones die after Christmas. I'll let you know how I get on with them. Otaylor has some from HID Direct that he swears by have you tried those?

I'm hoping my mesh comes today so i can do mine :)

Did it arrive? I ordered some and it should be here tomorrow........?? Don't think so. Mind you I don't have a day off work until the new year now so it would have to wait. Only good thing is that you can do it indoors in front of the tv [emoji2]

Did it arrive? I ordered some and it should be here tomorrow........?? Don't think so. Mind you I don't have a day off work until the new year now so it would have to wait. Only good thing is that you can do it indoors in front of the tv [emoji2]

No it didn't, soo annoying cos i was expecting it today and wanted to do my lights today, oh well better be here tomorrow. I've got work tomorrow during the day which is annoying so will see if i can take the lights off in the dark and do it or wait until Christmas day morning and do it then :)

Sounds like a good plan! Christmas morning sorted..

Would be good to see pictures of before and after if you have time.

Yeah course, i'll put some up in this thread, you as well!
  • Like 1

Just did mine, look ten times better and took me 10min max.

Anyone know why it won't let me attach any pictures? Just says "error This upload failed"

The file size may be too big, I think the maximum size is 2mb.

Yeah it doesn't take long. It's a good little thing to do.

Have you tried using photobucket? It's free to join and you just copy the link and it goes onto the reply and then everyone can see it...

Looks very good - it suits the black edition. Maybe better the red! Maybe you should now do the rear lights as well?

Steve

• Like 1