OEM spark plugs VRS

was speaking to skoda today and they said me putting custom plugs in would void warranty even though the uprated plugs are better! (NGK BR7) just wondering if someone can link me to the OEM plugs to buy ? gonna fit some to my pre owned skoda as i don't want any misfires and wanna keep my warranty in tact 

NGK PZFR6R   (5758)

They were 03c905601 A

Some dealers have now

03c905601 B

PS

I would not buy Spark Plugs on Ebay.

There are Fakes/Copies about.

If you are worried about Warranty, i would buy them at the Parts Desk at a Skoda, VW. Seat or Audi Dealer

& keep the receipt.  or at a Motor Factors at the Desk, again keep the receipt.

Edited by goneoffSKi

NGK PZFR6R   (5758)

They were 03c905601 A

Some dealers have now

03c905601 B

PS

I would not buy Spark Plugs on Ebay.

There are Fakes/Copies about.

If you are worried about Warranty, i would buy them at the Parts Desk at a Skoda, VW. Seat or Audi Dealer

& keep the receipt.  or at a Motor Factors at the Desk, again keep the receipt.

or from a local automotive parts supplier, they won;t be fakes and they will be half the price skoda will charge you.

was speaking to skoda today and they said me putting custom plugs in would void warranty even though the uprated plugs are better! (NGK BR7) just wondering if someone can link me to the OEM plugs to buy ? gonna fit some to my pre owned skoda as i don't want any misfires and wanna keep my warranty in tact 

What is uprated or custom about an NGK BR7? assuming it's the plug that NGK reccommend for that engine

Fitting OEM spec replacement parts will not void warranty.  OEM spec is the key.

I like Denso spark plugs.  I think the correct partno is VK20.

• Like 1

A Motor Factor is an Automotive Parts supplier.

(& the difference in price while buying at a Dealership when you are already there, maybe less than a Gallon on petrol,

if that, if you get the wrong plugs, it was them that supplied them, you can even ask the parts desk to confirm the gap with the Techs in the workshop.)

The think it is Dealers that have been fitting Different Plugs without explaining to the Customer,

other than saying,  'these are the updated plugs'.

That is where Dealers have even bothered to check Spark Plugs or replace them other than where the Customer has requested this being done.

If i was collecting a Used Car from a Skoda Dealership & would expect the car to have been Serviced & at least given a Inspection.

& i would say,  

Please change the Spark Plugs & do an ECU Update with the latest Software.

Then you are reducing the risk that the car has a Remap on it, and that maybe the previous owner had Spark plugs like 8's 

in, that down the line will have them saying you had non OEM plugs in.

The DENSO Plugs as fitted by some Audi techs to the A1 185ps are

SKJ20CR-A8 (3371)

& this is the correct ones for a 1.4 TSI CAVE / CTHE 132-136 kw.

Edited by goneoffSKi

A Motor Factor is an Automotive Parts supplier.

(& the difference in price while buying at a Dealership when you are already there, maybe less than a Gallon on petrol,

if that, if you get the wrong plugs, it was them that supplied them, you can even ask the parts desk to confirm the gap with the Techs in the workshop.)

The think it is Dealers that have been fitting Different Plugs without explaining to the Customer,

other than saying,  'these are the updated plugs'.

That is where Dealers have even bothered to check Spark Plugs or replace them other than where the Customer has requested this being done.

If i was collecting a Used Car from a Skoda Dealership & would expect the car to have been Serviced & at least given a Inspection.

& i would say,  

Please change the Spark Plugs & do an ECU Update with the latest Software.

Then you are reducing the risk that the car has a Remap on it, and that maybe the previous owner had Spark plugs like 8's 

in, that down the line will have them saying you had non OEM plugs in.

The DENSO Plugs as fitted by some Audi techs to the A1 185ps are

SKJ20CR-A8 (3371)

& this is the correct ones for a 1.4 TSI CAVE / CTHE 132-136 kw.

I was looking at the DENSO plugs last night. If I wanted to go for a cooler plug I'd guess I'd need one with a 22 code however, there isn't one which is SKJ22CR-A8. Any suggestions?

Yes do not go by trial and error if you are just guessing.

Talk to Tech that did your remap, and get proper advice,  I think you said it was AMD Tuning that mapped it &

you are only running a Stage 1,

http://amdtuning.com

the DENSO plugs are fine for road use in the UK. Even on 102 RON. That is IME.

If you are taking it to the Track then maybe look at changing the Plugs to something else if you really think you must.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Part number from OEM spark plug is 03C905601B.

Here are the OEM plugs I've just taken out as I'd be looking at the car from the front. Plugs have been in for maybe just under 10K.

Plugs from my VRS

Don't look too bad?? Interested to hear other peoples views.

Look good.  As plugs at less than 10.000 miles should look.

Is that the order they were in as you look from the front of the car?

2nd left looks as they usually do.

Yes the left hand side one was the difficult to get off as needed to move all of the pipes and wires out of the way.

I've replaced with NGK 7's to see how them go on. I'll check them in about a week to make sure they look OK.

Gaps of the OEM was .7 mm which is what the 7's were also preset out.

NGK spark plug condition guide.

http://ngkntk.co.uk/index.php/technical-centre/spark-plugs/firing-end/

Looking at the ones I've taken out I'd say they were either Laser Platinum or Laser Iridium since they seem to have a ground in electrode and from what I can tell the only the Laser types have. Does anyone therefore, know which type of NGK plugs the OEM are?

IFR%20plug%20type.jpg

Part number from OEM spark plug is 03C905601B.

Here are the OEM plugs I've just taken out as I'd be looking at the car from the front. Plugs have been in for maybe just under 10K.

Don't look too bad?? Interested to hear other peoples views.

they look ok :)

Are the Denso SKJ20CR-A8 different to the Denso plugs that ECP have listed on their website? Think they have the part number down as VK20

VK20 is from the Iridium Tough range

SKJ20CR-A8 is from the Iridium Long Life range

They are different sales lines with slightly different features / construction.  I have no idea if they are interchangeable.

• Like 1

I have been putting in the DENSO SKJ20CR-A8 Iridium Platinum (3371) in various Twincharger for over a year, including with Stage 1 & a Tuning Box.

(i have never seen Iridium Tough VK20)

My own have done other 14,000 miles and look just as they did when they were put in.

http://www.globaldenso.com/en/products/aftermarket/plug/cross_reference/1037_12.html

(NGK, PZFR 6R)

Interesting.

http://www.globaldenso.com/en/products/aftermarket/plug/tough/features.html

http://www.globaldenso.com/en/products/aftermarket/plug/power/lineup.html

Edited by goneoffSKi

Finding the right spark plug is more complex than I thought. The NGK Iridium IX BKR7EIX don't have a ground in electrode as the ones I've taken out which I brought over the counter at Skoda dealer (twice as expensive). Not to say that the BKR7EIX aren't correct.

However, should I be putting in cooler spark plugs with the ground electrodes?

If Denso VK20 are suitable I could go to VK22PRZ11 but I need to re-gap since these have a gap of 1.1mm.

The NGK PZFR6R seem to have the platinum ground in electrode and most likely is why BKR7EIX don't last as long since they don't have this feature. NGK don't seem to make a for example PZFR7R, a cooler version of PZFR6R. Therefore, wonder if the Denso VK22PRZ11 are suitable?

BTW driving on the BKR7EIX last night the oil temp seemed to be a couple of degrees cooler, would running a cooler spark do this or is it just how I was driving last night?

ngk_pn_chart.png