Skip to content

Thule 757 / 775 - roof rails

Featured Replies

I have 757 thule foot clamps that I use on my octavia estate ... i was hoping the yeti would be the same foot pack with it having rails but after checking on the roofbox website it says I need the 775 clamps.

I've not tried my 757 set yet but does anybody know what the differences are between these?

Can I get away with using the 757 clamps??

I'm in the same position of having gone from an Octavia estate to a Yeti and am hoping my roof bars will fit.

I see no reason why they won't except for the locating studs on the Yeti's roof rails. With these removed (I believe it's possible although a number of people report them getting stuck) the roof rails look the same shape as the Octavia's.

The suggestion for the Yeti on the Thule website fits a broader range of roof bar thicknesses, but I feel the Yeti is near enough the same thickness as the Octavia to make little difference.

The yeti roof rails are too deep for the 757 clamps, they won't fit.

Having discovered the thule aero bars & 757s I've happily used on Octy I & II estates wouldn't fit the yeti, I decided to put my hands in my pocket and buy the Skoda bars

Now I've discovered that all the Thule cycle racks etc that fitted my aerobars don't fit the deeper yeti bars. Grrr.

Getting the right feet for the aero bars would - with hindsight - have been a better option

Same deal here. I moved from a be-railed Volvo V50 to the Yeti and found that not only did the 757 foot pack not work (as mentioned, the Yeti rails are too chunky) but also the roofbars were not long enough - the 'square' profile of the Yeti means it is quite wide across the roof. I got a new foot and bar pack, and still have the old ones. I never thought about trying to shift them in here..... hmmm.....

I see no reason why they won't except for the locating studs on the Yeti's roof rails. With these removed (I believe it's possible although a number of people report them getting stuck) the roof rails look the same shape as the Octavia's.

 

Why remove the studs. Could you not leave them in place as the roofbars do not have to go exactly in the same place. I use the locating holes as a guide when fitting my Thule bars, that I set slightly more towards the front and back of the bars, ie further apart.

 

Colin

I have a set of thule aerobars/feet for a yeti, open to offers, they will be uk side in Feb '15

I stand corrected - the Octavia ones do not fit the Yeti!

 

Looks like I'm going to need new bars and feet.

I stand corrected - the Octavia ones do not fit the Yeti!

 

Looks like I'm going to need new bars and feet.

 

If it makes you feel better, I was thinking about this thread yesterday while I was out in the car and had a quick glance to see if I had 8 or 10 bolt holes.

 

At which point it became apparent that I have neither a sun roof nor the ability to see through steel

Thule 775 feet for Yeti.
Thule Wingbar 969 (127 cm)

  • Author

Thanks for the replies.

Looks like I'll be taking the Octavia down South this Xmas then

Some roof-rack suppliers will part-exchange Thule components in good condition.  I've used roofracks.co.uk (no connection to me apart from being a customer).

I have a set of thule aerobars/feet for a yeti, open to offers, they will be uk side in Feb '15

I'm interested!

I had an old (2002) set of Thule bars (think 755 feet on square bars) that we had for a Mitsubishi pinin with pretty standard rails.

Wasn't hopeful that they would fit but gave em a go... They fit perfectly...on a 2010 five hole elegance. ....the profile is an exact match...nice.

Think (though don't quote me) that Halfords exodus lx7 may be re-badged 755s.

Thought I'd post in case anyone has some 755s kicking about.

Cheers

J

Edited by crazyj

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.