Removing door trim

Hi,

I have an Octavia Elegance Liftback that's a few months old and has developed an annoying rattle/vibration in the front passenger door area.  I wanted to remove the interior plastic door trim to check if something's loose but I've only been able to find information about the earlier Mark 2 and 1 Octavias which seem to be different to the Mark 3.  Does anyone have any experience or links to instructions/photos/videos about removing the door trim of an Octavia 3?  Thanks.

As above, if it's that new then there's no reason your very expensive purchase should not get properly cared for by leaving the dealer to fix any issues. Last thing you'd want to do is cause some damage trying to get it off and as other said, if the dealer breaks it they pay for it.

As there are side airbag pressure sensors inside the door, it is very risky to do it yourself, unless you are experienced already. I'm not familiar with the airbag controller firmware but it is possible that by tinkering with the door trims without experience you may accidentally disable side airbags or set them trigger randomly. It's a new car, take it to a dealer.

While i'd agree about taking it back and getting the dealer to fix it, it would be nice for someone to post a how to! (isnt that what forums are for?) Especially for those of us that like tinkering with their cars. I'd like to add sound deadening to my front doors (dynamat), and if I had some pictures of what to do (or what not to do in regards to the airbag sensors). I already have a handful of trim clips spare, incase I bust any, just need to make sure I dont screw with the sensors.