Any one know Gemini and Pictoris weights?

I got a phone call from a nice chap at skoda customer service today. They don't know either, but they guess that there pretty much the same.

..wished me happy Christmas too which was nice :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I am posting you from Spain.

I am looking to change my Denom rims for less heavy ones.

Finding I have discovered the web kreijnewebshop.nl (Holland) where, you can find the weight of skoda rims.

Follow this link:

http://www.kreijnewebshop.nl/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_186_193

In this page I have found the GreenLine rim’s VELORUM with a weight of 9 Kgr. All other rims have a weight of 14 Kgr.

Bye,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

I know it's an old post, but thought I'd add in what I found recently anyway.

I weighed my 18" Gemini with a Goodyear F1 Assym 3 on it. It was 21.5kg. I had a tyre (same tyre, no wheel) sitting around waiting to get put on, so I weighed it and it was 9.5kg.

So I deduce the 18" Gemini rim weighs 12kg by itself. Not as heavy as I thought!

Edited by TimmyQ
grammar

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

A magnesium racing wheel weighs less than 2kg for comparison (BTCC car).:o

I'm guessing those are a bit more than 180£ each like my Gemini's were.

Enkei "superlight" wheels start from 8kg in 18" size and OZ Ultraleggera 9.2 kg at 19" size.

Compare those to a 9.5kg Skoda product...

20 minutes ago, Petunet said:

I'm guessing those are a bit more than 180£ each like my Gemini's were.

Enkei "superlight" wheels start from 8kg in 18" size and OZ Ultraleggera 9.2 kg at 19" size.

Compare those to a 9.5kg Skoda product...

Budget £10,000 for a set of 4. My Dad used to refurbish them on his lathe and they are incredibly light. Carbon fibre wheels appearing as optional on some supercars are similar weight!B)

8 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Budget £10,000 for a set of 4. My Dad used to refurbish them on his lathe and they are incredibly light. Carbon fibre wheels appearing as optional on some supercars are similar weight!B)

How do they hold up to potholes and the awful state of our roads? Tracks are pretty smooth by comparison.

12 minutes ago, ahenners said:

How do they hold up to potholes and the awful state of our roads? Tracks are pretty smooth by comparison.

Many supercar owners trailer their cars to events to avoid unnecessary mileage , stonechip damage and to keep them clean to show!:blink:

pro race 1.2s really are quite light, I have them in 15" on my A2. 12kg for an 18" seems OK, but when you consider that's the entire weight of the rim and tyre combo (7x15. 195/50R15) for the A2 it doesn't look so good. I believe the rims weigh around 6.2kg... and in 17x7.5 they're around 7kg each.

ATS Wizards and some of the ProLine wheels are really light for the price, along with Rotas.  Motec Nitro and some of the Sparco rims are also supposed to be light, but I can't say I've checked weights for >17".

- Bret

• 2 weeks later...

A pictoris wheel weights exactly 13.8 kg. I weighted myself before i put new tires on. 

My actual wheels are heavier than pictoris wheels: audi bbs speedline RS861 19x8.5 et 48 modular (2 pieces) which weights 15.6 kg. My MK3 vrs tdi has enough torque to give me the same impression as i have the oem pictoris wheels. I had also 17x8 et 35 OZ Ultraleggera wheels which weights 7,6 kg, but from my opinion, they were to light and gave me the impression that i am losing grip.  

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

Edited by fane87
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fane87 said:

A pictoris wheel weights exactly 13.8 kg. I weighted myself before i put new tires on. 

My actual wheels are heavier than pictoris wheels: audi bbs speedline RS861 19x8.5 et 48 modular (2 pieces) which weights 15.6 kg. My MK3 vrs tdi has enough torque to give me the same impression as i have the oem pictoris wheels. I had also 17x8 et 35 OZ Ultraleggera wheels which weights 7,6 kg, but from my opinion, they were to light and gave me the impression that i am losing grip.  

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

Dark grey Pictoris should have been a factory option, they look great! Sadly I don't think the black wheels work that well; you can't really see the design, they could be anything and they don't stand out.

On 18/08/2018 at 22:49, ahenners said:

Dark grey Pictoris should have been a factory option, they look great! Sadly I don't think the black wheels work that well; you can't really see the design, they could be anything and they don't stand out.

yes, i know about the dark wheels, but my car came with black package (front grille, side mirrors, painted the roof in black) and i thought i'd go with the colour.