Superb Change

Wheelnut

Hi all, just changed my 2005 1.9 130 bhp Elegance for a 2014 2.0 SE Superb  :D

I had owned the Elegance since 2006 and bought it with 6000 miles on the clock.  

The car has been great, although a few electrical gremlins had started to surface in the last year or so.  

The car stays in the family as I have given it to my son who's old Clio is now taking up space on the drive!

The new Superb has 13,500 miles on the clock and is in a 'Petrol Blue' colour which I think looks good.

There are a few things I miss from the old Superb, such as the Xenon lights; locking rear seat backs and the lock to disable the boot opening from inside the car; the flip down bag holders in the boot; heated seats to a lesser degree.  Things I don't miss are the electrically operated seat controls, real waste of time in my opinion.

Nice having the option of accessing the boot by a boot lid or a hatch - anybody have problems with this over time or is the design proving to be robust & well engineered?

RFL of £30 is great, early indications of fuel economy also looking promising.

Seats are a bit narrower and don't quite feel as comfy, time will tell on this no doubt.

Have to see if the DPF becomes an issue with the journeys I make and my driving style.

Hope I am as pleased with the Superb II as I was with my Superb I  B)

Happy New Year to you all for Thursday  :party:

Edited by Wheelnut

Hi Wheelnut,

• Hope you will be as with your Superb II as your previous car.
  • With a RFL of only £30 I assume you have the 1.6 Greenline - what sort of mpg are you getting.
  • Enjoy the New Year in your new acquisition.

Shanco

Thanks for the reply Shanco.

No, the Superb is a 2.0 Litre SE, fuel consumption seems a bit better than the 1.9, early days yet, but if the display is accurate, it easily beats the old Superb.

No doubt the 6th gear helps in this matter  :D

No, the Superb is a 2.0 Litre SE, fuel consumption seems a bit better than the 1.9, early days yet, but if the display is accurate, it easily beats the old Superb.

No doubt the 6th gear helps in this matter  :D

Best to take between 5% and 10% off the maxidot reading as most of us have found it to read up to 10% (of thereabouts) on the optimistic side.  Happy motoring with the new Superb!

Hi Wheelnut,

• When I replied to you my brain must have gone 'walkabouts'.
  • I was thinking of my RFD of £130 which is for the 2.0 140 DSG.
  • Didn't fully appreciate the significant difference between manual to automatic.
  • After 1300 miles Maxidot has increased to over 57mpg on last journey so I'm hoping for 50mpg on a brim to brim basis.
  • I'm sure that you will be well pleased with your fuel consumption for such a large car.

Shanco

No probs Shanco.

I'll bear the maxidot optimism in mind, thanks for the heads-up Superb170.

No doubt the Superb I maxidot reading was optimistic too?

As a side note, my son, 22, has found Adrian Flux to be reasonable for his comprehensive insurance of the 1.9 Elegance, saving £1200 from his Elephant insurers!

Safe motoring to all in 2015  :coffee:

Thanks Dan,

My mate had told me that his son had insured his Golf GTI at a very reasonable price so I told my son to get a quote from AF.

He was dubious that it would be any cheaper but a £1200 saving is superb, excuse the overused pun :D 

I will advise my other son to get a quote from you when his insurance is due, may even do so myself lol :coffee: 

Happy New Year, and pass on my thanks to your company!