Rattling noise tsi Monte Carlo

Hi guys, absolutely out of the blue my skoda Fabia 1.2 tsi Monte Carlo has started to make quite an annoying rattling noise while at idle. Please somebody help, I've turned the music up but it just doesn't go away.. Anyone experienced this?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, absolutely out of the blue my skoda Fabia 1.2 tsi Monte Carlo has started to make quite an annoying rattling noise while at idle. Please somebody help, I've turned the music up but it just doesn't go away.. Anyone experienced this?

Thanks.

From the engine?

When its cold? Or warm?

When its on Tickover or all the time?

It's hard to explain mate as hear it loads more on tick over and inside the car, really annoying me! It only happened tonight so not sure if it'll do it when cold as it was warm when it did it.

It's hard to explain mate as hear it loads more on tick over and inside the car, really annoying me! It only happened tonight so not sure if it'll do it when cold as it was warm when it did it.

Hmm id link you to a thread but theres quite a few.

Do a google search for '1.2 tsi camchain rattle' and see if anything suits the description of yours?

Might be worth having a look at the petrol pipe where it disappears down a hole near the bulkhead (near to the brake fluid reservoir). My 2010 Elegance  occasionally rattled on idle and a suitable piece of foam next to this pipe stopped it. You can certainly hear it more in the cabin rather than peering under the bonnet.

My 2014 monte (tdi) has a rattle coming from what sounds like the left rear area.......mine has only been there 9 days since it went in for it's 10k service, so will be getting on the blower to them in the new yr.......

Mine used to have a rattle from the rear driver's side area, turned out to be the door catch on the rear door.

Cured it by wrapping a small amount of insulating/electricians tape on the catch fitted to the body, did both sides to make sure and hey presto, no more rattling.

Not sure if yours is the same but it's worth a try, the rattle sounded like there was a plastic bottle rattling in the boot.

• Like 1