Octy III Elegance Estate-how to remove rear seat squab

Hi,

Have searched the forum pages but cannot find the answer. I wish to run some cables and would like to remove rear seat (not the backs) to route cables under. I have remove ISOfix covers/unhooked brackets and can pull seats up at front and a bit at the rear. I've tried brute force but there seems to be 2 fixings, 1 under each seat edge that I can't for the life of me work out how to get to them. Approx positions are shown by yellow stars in the attached photo.

I'm sure there is a simple answer to this, any help gratefully received. Kevin

post-116794-0-66330800-1420043601_thumb.jpg

Well yes, there is a simple answer to this. One of the 2 side fixings had caught in the upholstery where is it was wrapped round underneath. Because I could only work from one side under the car port, I couldn't get access to the offside seat edge. Today, with the car fully outside, I could free one side enough to get my hand underneath the seat enough to unhook the caught up fabric. Dead simple job, should only take 2 mins if you give yourself enough room to work! Topic closed.

• Like 1

Good for you KevinP. Glad you managed to sort it. And does it just need a straight upward pull at the front and side edges as is usual, or was there something else to do once you cleared the upholstery from the side fixings?

Ho Oldfellah. No, just the usual upward pull. I removed the child seat Isofix fixings first which just pull out once you work out how to slide/pull them. Not sure whether you have to remove these but I did anyway. After many years of Ford ownership, this is my first Skoda so I'm still finding my way round how everything goes together. Had it a year and 23k miles and am extremely pleased with the car.

Cheers.

That's all good to know for future reference. Thanks KevinP. Glad you are enjoying the car. Had mine a year now and still like it a lot. Guess I've been lucky to avoid any of the issues some guys on the forum have had, so no plans to change just yet.

• 1 month later...

My daughter has lost a ring down the belt buckle opening in the LH rear seat, I saw it but as I stuck a finger in to get it, it fell and is now somewhere under the seat squab.

Anyway, my issue -  how does the seat squab actually come out?

I am gathering I need to take out the isofix bits - is this just the covers or the whole plastic recessed bit that goes down and behind the isofix bar?

Then I need to pull it upwards at the front edge? It seems solidly fixed at the moment; how much force is needed and where is it applied?

The photo shows the back edge pulled out from under the seat back, i think I am going to need more room than that, so if you can please confirm that the whole seat base comes out.

Sorry I am a bit confused about doing this without breaking something.

Thanks very much

Don't worry I've sorted it. 

Lift and push back slightly at the front to release the clips which hold the squab in place, then keep it low - just clear of the clips - and slide it backwards to disengage the clips then lift it out.

Its the same as the Golf 6 and 7.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Micklcats, Rob1947 & Oldfellah. Sorry for not replying/commenting lately to your comments. Been very busy work wise lately. Glad we are all pleased that we can get our seats out! Best wishes. Kevin

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello - sorry to raise this subject again, but is it easy to fix the seat back in place properly once you put it back in? Mine is loose on the front clip at the left side of the back seat and I can't get it to stay in place. No great problem, but it's a bit annoying it springs out so readily. Thank you!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

The clips at the front are "one-time" use and are damaged when you pull them out, You are supposed to replace the clips every time the seat is removed. They are available online but my new ones were not very successful. 

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I have been tearing my hair out about removing the rear seat squib... and seeing that the dealer said it couldn't be done please find some instructions and pics to help.

I do not provide any guarantee or warranty for the below but it worked for me

1. firstly remove the ISOFix covers

2. remove ISOFix surround... it's like a pull and push... then thread through gap in surround

3. pull sharply up on the front of the squib about 9inch from the end... both sides... this should expose some U clamp wires 

4. then push to the rear of the car... downwards and the clips at the rear of the squib should release

This was driving me crazy due to a constant rattle/sliding sound as I went around corners!... so I have now completed the endeavour and released a button and a bead from below! Phew... Hope it's of help to someone else  :-)

20170223_165811_resized.jpg

20170223_165824_resized.jpg

20170223_165836_resized.jpg