Skoda Yeti Columbus upgrade

Bigray

Hi

I have just upgraded from a Bolero to a Columbus.

everything works great.

Apart from no sat nav in the maxidot.

Been to main Skoda dealers.

One in Sheffield the other in Chesterfield.

got the same answer from both its not possible to upgrade from the Bolero to Columbus.

I think I will leave it as it is and no bother with the Maxidot.

The Skoda dealer in Sheffield wanted £80 plus vat to have a quick look.

Anybody know where I can get it done in or near Sheffield

Edited by Bigray

You need someone with VCDS. There is a thread in the diagnostics forum with a list. I'm a little too far south from you unfortunately.

The dealers were talking rubbish, you just need the car coding correctly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I upgraded from Swing to Bolero to Columbus!!! So it can be done :) as already said, a member of Briskoda near you with VCDS will be able to do it in 10mins :)

I'll sort it for you in a couple of mins. Just need to get my cable back. May get it back this weekend. Drop me a PM and we'll sort something out. I'm in S17.

Edited by Nick P
  • Like 1

It is possible. I've done it.

Audio muting during Sat Nav instructions seems to be missing though. Everything else works as expected.

Hi

Latest update.

Found a nice man in west Yorkshire.

Only 28 miles away from me that had VCDS.

Very nice man indeed.

Not only did he do the sat/Nav.

He did the speedo so no more working it out LOL.

He also did a few more thing as well.

A cool trick is the large needles in the clocks when you turn the engine they swing from left to right then back again cool.

Skoda wanted to charge me £80 plus vat just to plug it into the computer LOL.

And they said you cant do it.

well its been done.

It just shows you the people that work for Skoda dealers just don't know anything LOL.

post-123531-0-46750800-1421067040_thumb.jpg

post-123531-0-54283200-1421067064_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigray
  • Like 2

It just shows you the people that work for Skoda dealers just don't know anything LOL.

To be fair, it's because Skoda do not recognise the VCDS and changes that can be made with it.

So if you ask a dealer for changes that can only be done with a VCDS they will typically say you can't do them.

This is because it's not a Skoda approved change to the vehicle and they are not permitted to do it I believe.

It's no different to going into a Skoda dealer and asking for an upgraded turbo to make your car go faster.

They'll know nothing about it, but it can be done if you make non-Skoda changes to the vehicle.

• Like 1

To be fair, it's because Skoda do not recognise the VCDS and changes that can be made with it.

So if you ask a dealer for changes that can only be done with a VCDS they will typically say you can't do them.

This is because it's not a Skoda approved change to the vehicle and they are not permitted to do it I believe.

It's no different to going into a Skoda dealer and asking for an upgraded turbo to make your car go faster.

They'll know nothing about it, but it can be done if you make non-Skoda changes to the vehicle.

I also think that the VAG diagnostic equipment is not so comprehensive a VCDS. Perhaps a VCDS owner can confirm this?

Fred

I also think that the VAG diagnostic equipment is not so comprehensive a VCDS. Perhaps a VCDS owner can confirm this?

Fred

It's true.

VCDS has far more functions, which is why Skoda Dealers with VAG diagnostic software can't see how to change some things.