Hello - new Roomster Black Edition

richlean

Hello Folks,

I've just picked up a pre-registered Roomster Black Edition with 250 miles on the clock.

We'd searched for a clean used SE for some time, and my wife didn't like the looks of the silver Special Editions (probably just offended half of the entire Roomster community in one sentence, there!) So in the end we got a 14 plate Black Edition at what I considered to be a cracking price. And with more toys than initially planned!

I've had other VAG cars, have VCDS, and tend to spend too much time than I should on various Audi forums! My first job is to fit winter tyres, which are going on as I write, and second will be to try to activate the Bluetooth hands free on the Amundsen+.

First impressions are that it's a great little machine.

• Like 1

Hello Folks,

I've just picked up a pre-registered Roomster Black Edition with 250 miles on the clock.

We'd searched for a clean used SE for some time, and my wife didn't like the looks of the silver Special Editions (probably just offended half of the entire Roomster community in one sentence, there!) So in the end we got a 14 plate Black Edition at what I considered to be a cracking price. And with more toys than initially planned!

I've had other VAG cars, have VCDS, and tend to spend too much time than I should on various Audi forums! My first job is to fit winter tyres, which are going on as I write, and second will be to try to activate the Bluetooth hands free on the Amundsen+.

First impressions are that it's a great little machine.

I'm guessing you're called Richard judging by username, must be something about the name as another Richard on here had a Roomster black

• 2 weeks later...

Just discovered your replies - thanks, guys. Seems I hadn't subscribed to my own topic!

15“ steel winter wheels are on, though I'm having some trouble getting some decent wheel covers for a decent price - can't quite bring myself to spend 4x£22 on the OEM ones.

VCDS coding of the Amundsen+ for Bluetooth worked no problem, so now just need a mic.

The Black Edition wheels are a bit too "sexy" for the Mrs, so I'm looking to sell them in the near future - they're immaculate as they've only done 250 miles - and get more "tame" wheels for the summer tyres. Sacrilege for a purist? Do you think there'll be a market for them?

• Like 1

Just discovered your replies - thanks, guys. Seems I hadn't subscribed to my own topic!

15“ steel winter wheels are on, though I'm having some trouble getting some decent wheel covers for a decent price - can't quite bring myself to spend 4x£22 on the OEM ones.

VCDS coding of the Amundsen+ for Bluetooth worked no problem, so now just need a mic.

The Black Edition wheels are a bit too "sexy" for the Mrs, so I'm looking to sell them in the near future - they're immaculate as they've only done 250 miles - and get more "tame" wheels for the summer tyres. Sacrilege for a purist? Do you think there'll be a market for them?

Keep the wheels as Skoda intended IMO ;)

a972b1c7d5a8f646a0acc74b8adfadb1.jpg

So, here's the new machine.

09aa3ea6b84547e839df886f6a6fe702.jpg

And the wheels in question.

I think the Black Editions in general look great - just looks a bit out of place for the Mrs doing the school run!

I'd certainly have considered one had they been in production when I bought.

It has to be said More Lower!! Mine used to sit that high

IMAG0183.jpg

And now....

IMAG0546_zps8a24f276.jpg

Ah yes - I'd been looking at some of those the other day. They look good.

I don't think I'll be lowering ours, though - we need the ground clearance in the country lanes around here. Not to mention the wading depth...

• Like 1