rs no sound generator

Are these standard on the VRS? Just curious as I will be collecting my 63 plate VRS diesel next week...

They are but very early diesels didn't have them, although my old 63 plate did, luckily it's very easy to unplug it.

• Like 1

Is it very obvious which O3 VRS' have these fitted? Picking mine up tomorrow and wondering if it will have it with it being a late 2013 model.

Mine was a september 13 build and it came with it.  It was mainly the demos which came without.

Accelerate and flick the mode between sport and eco and you'll soon know if you have it but otherwise there's a hockey puck unit under the panel in front of the windscreen.

Personally on my late 14 tsi I love it.  But it is easy to not have it on mine, just put the vrs Mode to D then engage the sport by pulling the gear down and hey presto, all the VRS settings but no sound.  I imagine it would sound very out of place on the diesel but on the tsi it gives an almost v8 sound!  Never had any vibration or rattling though, that would be very annoying!

Edited by AjM VRS