vRS - Warped Front Disc

Ninj

Hi guys,

I suspect Ive got a warped front disc. Having not driven the car myself for the past 2 months, now Im back, it seems more obvious with a definate shudder through the wheel under moderate braking.

Im assuming that this isnt covered under warranty, so has anyone had them changed by Skoda?

Is it cheaper all together to buy them (Euro Car Parts or similar) and have them fitted?

Im a bit un impressed with the standard discs if theyve warped after only 30k, so has anyone tried any other replacements?

Ive used Tarox in the past among others but Id rather avoid drilled or grooved as its fairly blatant the brakes have been upgraded.

Thanks for any thoughts and opinions

Rgds

Rich

I use to think I had warpped discs, however, in reality, it was just ingrained muck on the discs from cheap pads that had been used in a harsh manner. A good hammering of the brakes cleared it. (By which I mean as you would use the brakes during a track day session, not on the road). No vibration problems since. You should try this approach before changing the discs I would suggest.

Lee

That is a good point LeeBoy. May even be worth removing the pads to check their surface. If the discs and pads have little wear there wont be much space for the much to escape.

Maybe a gentle wire brushing on the pads would do the trick?

Had the judder on my previous 1.6 Octy, went thro the hard breaking etc to clean the muck off, didnt work!. Dealer fitted new disc's under warranty with mileage of less than 28,000, cured problem. :)