1.8Tsi DSG Real World Economy

Mence

Hi all.

As my situation (like many I guess) changes, my vehicle may need to change too.

I'm looking at s Facelift Superb Elegance Combi.

For reasons I won't bore you with, it must be DSG but the engine is something I'm yet to bottom out so my question is in the title really, anyone have that engine / transmission combination and have done enough miles to comment on fuel economy?

Many thanks

Mum has just got one today,

I'm guessing real world is going to be like this

Urban 25-28

X Urban 36-40

Mixed 30-34

I had a short test of it the other day and the trip after a reset was showing 18mpg, as I got a clear run *still under 40mph* it was climbing, it hit 20 as I got back to the garage but I suspect these figures were due to stop start and cold engine.

Sheeesh, good job petrol is dropping in price!

Thank you.

I think you'll find it reasonable enough for a petrol car, the diesels are better but the car is £5k more to buy anyway generally,

A 140 CR DSG will do this

Urban 30-36

X Urban 42-55

Mixed 38-45

Thanks.

To be honest I have no idea how economical (or not) the petrol engines are, I know what the brochures claim but I also know that's a load of rubbish.

Ok, thanks for that, nice to see decent economy can be had if you're careful!

Hi, don't know if I qualify as careful but you can see my fuel economy in my footer and click here for further details through Fuelly. And I am very happy with the smooth 1.8TSI / DSG7 combo ...

Happy hunting!

Edited by AndersNordh

I've just found out today mums one has had a new clutch and mechatronic unit some 3k ago @ 15k, not sure if it was the previous owner or the garage that wanted it though,

Trying to find out info on potential right now, if this car doesn't prove reliable I'm done for, mind you I should learn and realise she breaks every car but it's always the ones I get for her that are worst, gently is not a word mother is familiar with I'm afraid,

I've been waiting for the phone to ring and sure enough it has today, couldn't open the fuel flap, couldn't find it in the manual aka didn't bother or didn't think to look in the index first I'll just ring my own personal fixer.

• Like 1

My 1.8 TSi Wagon MY12 has averaged 7.0L/100Km (33.6mpg) over the 20,000km I have driven so far

This has been mainly urban/traffic driving.

On distance/freeway drives I will get 5.3L/100km (44.3mpg)

That's spot on with my expectations tbh.

We have filled the tank 34 times in 15820 kms in our 1.8 tsi/7spdDSG Superb Elegance sedan according to Fuelly.

80% City driving. Overall average 8.7l/100kms. If you are going to be doing a higher percentage highway driving I think you will obtain much better numbers.

Compared to our 4.0l. Ford (15l./100)the Skoda feels like we now drive a hybrid!

... one interesting thing I noticed the last summer was that the best mpg figure I have ever had was obtained while doing long stints at German autobahn at 160+ km/h .. ☺

Skickat från min GT-I8200N via Tapatalk