What exactly happens in "Park" on the DSG

Felt the crack on the back this weekend - parked outside for two days. Definitely pads stuck the the disc.

I also get this occasionally when car is not used for two days or more (rarely happens). However, the delay when selecting reverse from cold with the DSG gearbox is entirely different and can happen when car just left overnight WIHOUT the handbrake on.

Im parking outside in the cold everyday and this happens all the time, same thing with the Superb II and the octavia vRS before that.

Give it some gas and the discs will release from the pads, never had any problems with the brakes even though this happened almost every day from nov-april every year.

(Better than my old Peugeot 405 MI16, had to take of a wheel and hammer the disc of the breakpad with an rubber hammer, still loved that car even though it was utterly rubbish)

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies. Good to know others have this same problem.

Over the last 10 days, I've tried lots of variations and combinations when switching off and parking:

Foot on/off brake pedal when parking

Waiting before keying off

Returns to N, then back to P

Starting out forwards before reversing

So far, I've not noticed any pattern and the "clunk" still seems to happen randomly when parked in +22°C (garage), -25°C (outside), with variations in between..