cold air feed to induction feed reducing power

BigRed85

Hello I've had an induction kit fitted to my 1.4 16v 100bhp for quite a while and after doing some reading up decided to fit a cold air feed to it. Work was done this afternoon and the car is running slow!!! No power at all under revs and engine management light has come on. Any help would be great.

Weather is 1-2 degrees atm and no silicone use mate I sealed the ram on to the from of the cone with gasket paper and an adhesive I have removed it

Reset the ECU, you've just leaned off the mixture, it needs to re-learn its dynamic fuel map. Make sure you only run it on Super plus unleaded as well.

Your sig says it's remapped it but it can't be, the ECU is non-programmable, you have to use a piggyback with these.

Ok no probs yes used a piggy back system which I later removed as after reading up learnt that most are a resistor.

So simply resetting the ecu by disconnecting the battery for 10mins then reconnecting will solve the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Right where to start........I will be selling my CAI  (& spark leads).......of my old Fabia.................based on a Green Cotton "twister" element...............ran it for 5yrs no problems as I built it right............. 

Pics here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/332162-sold-skoda-fabia-mki-hatch-elegance-14lt-16v-100bhp-dark-blue-metmystic-beige/

I you need to disconnect the battery for 30 mins minimum not 10!

Guide here.....

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/201016-how-to-reset-the-engine-ecu/