Anti Shudder Valve

I didn't remove mine, but it had already been removed when I bought it so not sure on disadvantages and advantages.

But having done some reading I've only read disadvantages being mounts can go quicker and they're rough when turning off.

Be interesting to see if there is any advantages.

Personally id keep it and just blank the egr bit at the valve end rather than the mani for heat reasons.

I personally don't like the horrid judder and sound when the anti shudder valve doesnt work. (I had my asv piston rod break)

If you just blank the EGR at the top the tube from the manifold will split due to the heat build up. It's not a hard job to get the cooler out!

If you just blank the EGR at the top the tube from the manifold will split due to the heat build up. It's not a hard job to get the cooler out!

Why would there be more heat build-up in a pipe filled with static exhaust gases, than for a pipe filled with flowing exhaust gases (i.e. pre-blanking)? Wouldn't it be the other way round?

I think the reason these pipes with flexi-sections sometimes break after people fit blank(s) is just due to the disturbance of fitting the blank(s).  Same as exhaust flexis tend to get knackered when other parts of the exhaust are replaced, by men with big mallets.

Anyone Removed the Anti Shudder valve from there BLT Engine ? If so Are there any Disadvantages?

none apart from the engine management light being lit all the time, but you can be clever and fit a full EGE delete from an ASZ engine and fool the wiring on a BLT engine so the light doesn't come on

my polo runs a passet inlet so has had the engine light on since i bought it i just learned to ignore it 

enginebay1.JPG

The anti shudder and egr are the same part are they not?

I have an asz engine which doesnt have the cooler so its simpler but thought everything was the same bar the cooler and the position on the mani?

The anti shudder and egr are the same part are they not?

I have an asz engine which doesnt have the cooler so its simpler but thought everything was the same bar the cooler and the position on the mani?

not on a BLT engine they are seperate as the anti-shudder is electronic

• Like 1