Noise from car

I had a similar (but higher pitched) sound coming from my Volvo a while back, every time I raised the revs a little. Turned out to be a broken oil trap. The sound was generated by a pressure difference that resulted in a whistling sound...they diagnosed it by pulling out the dip stick, which caused the pressure to equalize and the noise to stop.

You should definitely have it checked out.

I have something similar starting exactly for 1000RPM but goes away very quickly as the rev climbs up. I was thinking that might be the sound actuator but now I am not sure...

Edited by Harti

I had almost the same noise which was present about 1200rpm. Not heard above or below those revs.

Dealer spent quite a while seeking out the cause & found it was 2 metal air conditioning pipes vibrating together. They moved them slightly apart & put some sponge rubber between them & not heard the noise since & that was a month ago.

The offending pipes are clearly visible under the bonnet at the left side, although might be different in a vrs engine bay.

Might be totally different in your car but the sound was very similar to mine.

I had almost the same noise which was present about 1200rpm. Not heard above or below those revs.

Dealer spent quite a while seeking out the cause & found it was 2 metal air conditioning pipes vibrating together. They moved them slightly apart & put some sponge rubber between them & not heard the noise since & that was a month ago.

The offending pipes are clearly visible under the bonnet at the left side, although might be different in a vrs engine bay.

Might be totally different in your car but the sound was very similar to mine.

Thank for the info kalpat.

Another issue on my list when I visit the dealer when I find time...

• 2 weeks later...

Asking the OP, could you visit your dealer or get any update on this? I am still trying to find time to drop off my car for the dealer for a day to take a look...

Ive got this too, in my case it doesnt seem as bad as that in the video. The noise appears concentrated on the passenger side (uk). I have a 2014 octy tdi vrs.

I would be very interested in what is causing it before i visit the dealer.

ive only had the car 4 weeks or so and hadnt noticed it until recently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...