SOLD! 2007 '57 mark II (pre FL) Octy VRS TDi Estate Manual - Race Blue - REDUCED - £6550

Ciderspace

Car is sold! A quite unbelievably easy process and I've got to say WBAC were brilliant. They offered an initial online offer of £6630 but I walked away with £6038.81 after an expected £74.99 admin fee. I say walked I have to wait 4 working days for the cash to appear.

The guy couldn't have been nicer and did what he could to adjust the various deductions so as not to lower the price too much - I really couldn't believe it. No mention of the faulty parking sensors - not even when the obvious beep sounded when selecting reverse - I did wonder if he thought it was the seat belt warning! ;) Their 'test drive' was literally start up, reverse a metre then forward again.

One very happy customer :)

Good for you. I did try telling my Mrs how much i needed your car but she was having none of it..;-(  it's good to hear you got a price you were happy with in the end.

That's quite encouraging really

Mine's a 58 plate common rail with DSG at just under 40k miles

They'll probably deduct £4k for the JPS decals though :(

• Like 1

You should do well. I needn't have bothered cleaning it either - guy said mine was like a brand new car compared to most he sells. I told him I'd remind him of that come valuatin :)

While I was waiting for a cab to the station (organised by WBAC) the state of some of the cars coming in after me was amazing - filthy dirty. I guess this might hide a multitude of sins and maybe in hindsight I shouldn't have bothered as might have gotten more but I wanted to make her look her best.

• Like 1

A pleasing result. I wonder whether the WBAC reviews vary depending on location? Are some valuers better, and fairer, than others?

Where did you take yours?

Cambridge branch - guy called Paul, forget his surname but only two guys on, working out of a Storage Kings! Couldn't fault him really.. I guess all branches will be different.

Just noticed my car is up on British Car Auctions - didn't take WBAC long. So weird to see it there.

If anyone on here buys it I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have regards the issues I listed or anything else.

Cheers

OMG! My old car now on Autotrader for £8350 with a 3 month warranty! That is some mark up - surely no one would buy it for this?

Love this quote though - 'IT IS IN FABULOUS CONDITION INSIDE AND OUT PLEASE DONT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY TO BUY ONE OF THE BEST SKODA VRS'S WE'VE EVER HAD'

Thats not strictly true now is it... 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201503061486155/sort/default/usedcars/colour/blue/fuel-type/diesel/make/skoda/maximum-age/up_to_8_years_old/page/1/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/radius/1501/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/price-to/8500/quicksearch/true/price-from/4500/postcode/cb114gl/model/octavia/transmission/manual/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l?logcode=p

I did contact the auction house but they could only give me a guide price of recent sales - £5275-55575 I think it was.

So in theory WBAC may have made a loss, if the above is correct, but potentially the used car sale will make a fortune! However, there are few issues to resolve so there's no way it will go for that. Would love to know where it ends up and at what price.

Looks like it's sold?!?! No longer showing on their website or Autotrader! I am in shock - did someone really pay over £8k for my car? I had no idea it could be worth that - certainly opinion/Autotrader etc etc suggested £6500 max.... Have I boobed?!

Anyone on here bought it?

I've been checking out VRS estates for sometime now, and one owner, low mileage one's like yours are quite rare, had i managed to convince the Mrs into us buying your car i would have been knocking at your door. Very small scratches / chips, and tiny knocks are something i'd expect with an 8 year old car. My only doubt i'd have had buying your car was whether or not it had a DPF..      

I'd be tempted to ring up the dealer and ask if it's sold, and if so - for what price :)

Just seems with this WBAC system, that it's the dealer that picks it up from auction that's making the margin, rather than WBAC themselves?

I've been checking out VRS estates for sometime now, and one owner, low mileage one's like yours are quite rare, had i managed to convince the Mrs into us buying your car i would have been knocking at your door. Very small scratches / chips, and tiny knocks are something i'd expect with an 8 year old car. My only doubt i'd have had buying your car was whether or not it had a DPF..

It certainly had a DPF but the majority of those 52k miles was long distance so no issues. The damage at the back was caused by reversing into a wooden post - it didn't look that bad at all after Id painted it (from the pics you can't really see it) but it would likely have been a whole bumper re spray, or maybe a smart repair.. Those two dodgy sensors would need replacing @ around £150-200 all in what with painting. The other bits were very minor. She was very clean inside.

Think I should have stuck it on here much earlier and waited for a bite but I didn't want to risk her selling too quick as we needed a car for work. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Would love to know someone here bought - will keep an eye out over on the Mark 2 section.

I'd be tempted to ring up the dealer and ask if it's sold, and if so - for what price :)

Just seems with this WBAC system, that it's the dealer that picks it up from auction that's making the margin, rather than WBAC themselves?

I may just ring them..

Yep, WBAC said they sell to auction and if they break even then great, more even better, less well then that's the way it is. Can't believe a dealer would have bought at the price I received though.... Still, it was off the auction same day as it went on, likewise sold from the dealer same day.

One of you guys SHOULD a have bought it!!!!!! :)