Mk3 Fabia Greenline / Monte Carlo / vRS - UPDATE

A Mk3 Estate with more go but even better part time AWD would be nice,

just take parts as used on the Yeti or have Electric drive for the rear as VW are going to use elsewhere.

That would be competition even in the Skoda range where people need luggage space but not as big as with a Octavia or Superb.

Sadly the way Skoda pricing is that is all likely a no no.

Skoda needs to up the game on build quality though.

Citigo and Fabia are rather Fisher Price toy like at not 'Much Cheapness' prices.

• 1 month later...

Yea I don't know what Skoda are up to really, I hope they're not just ignoring the Fabia in favour of their more 'premium' models, considering the Fabia is one of their most popular and highest-selling cars to date.  :dull:

From what I read about the promised Mk3 Greenline though it's incredibly economical which would pique my interest when me and my partner come to the end of our PCP/HP plans and reduce it to just a single car.

Edited by Skyl1n3

I'd be slightly surprised if we see a Greenline following the recent diesel woes. I think if they tried to alter the existing 1.4 TDI much more its drivability would suffer. I'm getting between 60mpg and 70mpg from my 105. I wonder if we would see Greenline tuned turbo petrols like VW do with the 'Bluemotion Tech' models.

I require a diesel for my current driving routine and high mileage but hope that in a couple of years petrols will have caught up further, or alternative fuels and EVs will be more prevalent in the VAG ranges.

I have turned my back on diesel, due to cost and complexity (which is increasing as the limits for diesel emissions decrease)

I think the greenline could possibly become a hybrid possibly after the facelift due next year, VAG like others are looking at hybrid / electric drive trains to reduce average emissions across a brand to comply with the EU limits in 2020

I am looking at hybrid options for my next car which I hope to buy after xmas

Surely they did not want to give cover then because there are younger drivers that have not paid much more to insure Mk2 vRS than Monte Carlos.

As for fuel, the 1.4 TSI can do pretty much the same mpg as a 1.2 TSI as in 40's to 50's mpg.

Obviously you can do low 20's if you drive the way that will use up fuel quick.

I didn't get any where near those figures in my mk2 vrs. Was lucky to get 250 miles out of a tank. And didn't thrash it either.not always......

lol-lol could get double that mileage out of a tank of about 45 litres and a bit more, (he has posts on it)

and i could easily get 450 miles on a regular basis without venting or driving that easy, )i had posts on it.)

so it comes down to who is driving or how or even location location location.

Its easy to have them do 22 mpg if you drive that way or do short trips.

looks like the day of the smaller diesel could be over,

so will there be many more "greenline diesels" as models get facelifted / replaced?

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/advice/news/2016/2020-vision-the-end-of-cheap-renault-diesels/

Spiralling engineering costs required to meet even more stringent Euro 7 exhaust emission regulations could signal the end of diesel-powered smaller cars, with Renault poised to be one of the first to stop selling them before 2020, according to a Reuters report.

I still think a smaller hybrid may be the direction VAG will go with the greenlines in the next few years

New platforms first for the 2017 on VW Polo and then the Seat Ibiza  and the new engines drive trains before Skoda get a new Fabia size Platform with the New Type approval rather than the Rejig that the All New 3rd Generation Fabia is.

Maybe the Baby Yeti / Fabia is when we will see the modern engines in a Small / Medium size Skoda.