Tdi brakes

joedemp

Hi

I'm a 2011 1.6 75bhp Tdi owner and I've been looking and reading all the threads about brake upgrades my car has discs front (288 x 25) and rear (232 x 9)

So from what I've read am I correct in assuming my hubs are the same as a vRS and a 312mm upgrade is possible

And my rear discs are the same as a standard vrs rear setup

Joe Dempsey

yes, you are correct , and the 312's will even fit under 16 inch alloys :) personally I use the standard 288 discs, yellowstuff (road legal) track pads, and ATE blue racing fluid... this gives performance on a track in my vRS that doesn't fade :)

yes, you are correct , and the 312's will even fit under 16 inch alloys :) personally I use the standard 288 discs, yellowstuff (road legal) track pads, and ATE blue racing fluid... this gives performance on a track in my vRS that doesn't fade :)

Cheers for that, time to start searching scrappers and ebay what's the best vehicle to get the brakes off

Edited by joedemp

To be honest ebc pads that I've used have all been fine green yellow or black so I'd go with yellow ones I've used them in higher power cars with no problems (evo 6 track car)

• Like 1

Hi

I'm a 2011 1.6 75bhp Tdi owner and I've been looking and reading all the threads about brake upgrades my car has discs front (288 x 25) and rear (232 x 9)

So from what I've read am I correct in assuming my hubs are the same as a vRS and a 312mm upgrade is possible

And my rear discs are the same as a standard vrs rear setup

Joe Dempsey

Right now that im better and able to move around I measured my front discs there only 256mm, only the 105bhp had 288mm here

so my question now is what do I need to fit 288mm or 312mm brake set up to my fabia

will a mk4 gti hub assembly fit or do I have to get a mk1 fabia hubs

You DON'T need new hubs the 312's will bolt straight on to your existing ones!

They won't I stripped the front today to have a look the caliper mounts are cast as part of the hub assembly, the size and over all dimensions seem the same as the mk4 stuff abs sensor might be my only issue

• 1 month later...

They won't I stripped the front today to have a look the caliper mounts are cast as part of the hub assembly, the size and over all dimensions seem the same as the mk4 stuff abs sensor might be my only issue

You will have the same FSIII callipers I had which means the carrier is cast into the hub. I swopped the whole lot, hubs, callipers, discs and sourced some from an almost new Seat Leon for £300 inc vat and delivery. So it can be done for not too much money :)

Remember that you will have to change the shocks aswell, you will have 50mm but you'll need 55mm for the upgraded hubs. You can get a set of Bilstein B4's for £100.

You will have the same FSIII callipers I had which means the carrier is cast into the hub. I swopped the whole lot, hubs, callipers, discs and sourced some from an almost new Seat Leon for £300 inc vat and delivery. So it can be done for not too much money :)

Remember that you will have to change the shocks aswell, you will have 50mm but you'll need 55mm for the upgraded hubs. You can get a set of Bilstein B4's for £100.

Ordered new hubs from my local dealer all built up with jom coilovers ready to go in, Audi TT 312mm for the front and octavia mk1 vrs 256 for the rear

F504838D-3C9C-4AA7-8CF0-740956D5EC32.jpg

• Like 1

Ordered new hubs from my local dealer all built up with jom coilovers ready to go in, Audi TT 312mm for the front and octavia mk1 vrs 256 for the rearF504838D-3C9C-4AA7-8CF0-740956D5EC32.jpg

I was a bit late posting then !!! ;)