Strange Electrical Goings On...

Johnny50

Bit of a long winded one this.

Car has been sitting for 3 days, usually not a problem....

This afternoon the alarm went off twice in the driveway so I went out.

There were a few warning lights up on the dash without the key being in, however it started just fine.

Took it a quick run but on my return, it wouldn't switch off, key completely out and engine still runs.

Stalled it to get it off and now it will not start , battery light/handbrake light remain on dash without keys also..and central locking not working.

Used my Shark STS to get fault codes 19463 and 17978. One relates to immobiliser and other to camshaft position sensor.

I cleared them, still no change so I uploaded the standard map and it started, but then same scenario, won't turn off etc, stall it, won't start, lights stay on dash.....

Anybody any ideas?

It makes no difference as to which key I try.

Car is an 05 Elegance and has previously (years ago) had a new ECU from Shark when it belonged to the previous owner.

If the key is in the on position but without the engine running, then you switch off and remove the key, do all the electrics go off as they should?

If the key is in the on position but without the engine running, then you switch off and remove the key, do all the electrics go off as they should?

No! The handbrake light etc stays on. Although headlights/fan will switch off so it at least recognises it's not fully on.

Confusing.

• 2 weeks later...