Škoda Fabia 1.4 V16 won't start

BigMarx

So my problem is that Škoda Fabia 1.4 V16 won't start. I know it's winter time, usually in the morning we have -2°C to -4°C during the day is -1°C to 2°C and up. When I first encountered this problem I tried in morning and during the day at different temperature and nothing changed. 

​First guess was that accumulator was probably dead, so I took it out and try to re-charge it, the machine I use to re-charge it says that it's full, 12,5V. 
So I placed the accumulator back where it was and tried again and still same thing. This time I assume that starter having some problems?

As you can see in video below when I turn ignition on electricity seems to work okay because all the lights show up, wipers work normal, locking system for doors works normal etc... but when I turn the key fully forward like I want to start the engine it just cuts the power, everything shuts down for few seconds and then all the lights come back. 

Here I did short video to better describe the problem: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywdu_OCG4is&spfreload=10

I'm not really sure but when we got car 6 years ago it was already in and we didn't replace it. Can I check date some where on battery? And as said before I checked and battery is full. Edited: sorry didn't refresh, all terminals are connected properly, I double checked. I will go and try to find date to see how old battery is.

Edited by BigMarx

Okay I found date, apparently battery is 3 years old, so I guess that's not yet ready to be replaced, right?

If you got the car 6 years ago and you haven't replaced it then surely it's at least 6 years old.

Just because the battery charger says its charged doesn't always mean it is.

Try jump starting the car, then you'll know if it's because the battery is flat or not.

-2 .. -4 shouln't cause any starting issues for a petrol engine..not even for a diesel.

It is not necessary a bad battery if it's 6 years old. Mine is from 2009 .. it does show it's age, but it's cranking even at -25.

Some other causes that might be are loose battery connectors/starter motor connectors or a loose ignition switch. 

Try scanning it with a VAGCOM interface .. it might tell you something.

At least you'll know if it's battery, and it takes less than 5 minutes to do.

If it doesn't jump start, then you can investigate further (starter etc)

Okay thank you guys, I did jump start and it turned on, I drove around for like 30min or something like that, when I turned it off, it started again normally. BUT we came to new problem (It doesn't even surprise me anymore lol...) this light turned on... I did some research online, I guess now it's time for mechanic right? Any suggestions are still welcome;

EDITED: it says that when this light turn on it should limit me to like 1500 rpm but it was all normal, when i was driving around for 30min nothing really weird happened, it revs normally, when lights, ac, wipers are on everything is good... any idea?

img3522.jpg

Edited by BigMarx

Okay thank you guys, I did jump start and it turned on, I drove around for like 30min or something like that, when I turned it off, it started again normally. BUT we came to new problem (It doesn't even surprise me anymore lol...) this light turned on... I did some research online, I guess now it's time for mechanic right? Any suggestions are still welcome;

EDITED: it says that when this light turn on it should limit me to like 1500 rpm but it was all normal, when i was driving around for 30min nothing really weird happened, it revs normally, when lights, ac, wipers are on everything is good... any idea?

img3522.jpg

Does sometimes happen after a jump start. See if the light is still on after a few days driving.

Okay so the EPC light is off, I wanna start to THANK each of you who helped me in this topic. This was really nice welcome to this forum. Now I will try and help others if I will know some solution, thank you again and keep up the good work :) 

• Like 1